PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Didn't know Colts were this bad vs TEs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you will get what you ask for, I heard it said on ESPN Matchup that 43 out of 48 recent Gronkowski targets / receptions came when he was given a free release off the line. They also said that KC strategy was about the only team that game planned to not to allow that to happen and they didn't with Tamba Hali constantly knocking him off stride, then dropping back into coverage in front with a safety over the top ( I think the fact that Gronkowski was still at way less than 100% also explains why he had a rough day).

All,of that being said, look for Indy to at least devote enough manpower to try to keep Gronkowski from getting totally free releases off the line, in doing so that seems to mean that Wright, Hooman and even Devlin are set up for big days.

put gronk in the slot and they can't jam him. well, they could with a CB but that would be useless. talib tried and gronk sent him packing.

was watching the nfl matchup show with jaws/sal pal/hodge they kept referencing the chief game. gronk wasn't even close to what he is now.

Most teams struggle with Tight Ends though. They are just a horrible matchup for defenses. That's why teams these last couple of years have been over drafting these guys. They all are looking for the next Gronk or Graham, and even the former #81 that's locked up at Suffolk county jail.

Absolutely, which is why it is telling that Indy is even worse than nearly everyone else. If the average team struggles, how bad must Indy be to be significantly lower than that?

I think we are going to see a lot more if Wright moving forward. The bye week was a good opportunity for them to make some changes to integrate him into the offense more.

2 TE set sounds good...

Gronk (6'6") + Wright (6'4") + LaFell (6'2")/Tyms (6'3")

Edelman + Vereen/Gray

Wright may be a guy who is going to sneak up and have a big game. If the Colts focus on Gronk they may leave Wright more open. Now that I have said this he wont even play 15 snaps
If he plays 15 snaps and catches 8 balls, I'm good with that!

unleash the gronk!!!

get him the ball early and often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes