PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did We Sign Wes Welker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

QB12

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Couple of late posts in other related threads say so - referring to him in the same breath as known signees Thomas, (K) Brady and Morris, but I haven't seen it spelled out definitively.

Anyone know?

QB12

I'm not sure it's certified, but it certainly sounds lik it.

From what I've observed the Patriots are expected to do it but have not done it yet--to anyone's knowledge.

We won't know if we signed Wes Welker for 7 days because that is how long Miami has to mull it over and decide whether or not to match the offer sheet.

All we know is Schefter at NFLN says we are going to make him an offer. He also seems to know the #'s so he's probably got a pretty good source.

We won't know if we signed Wes Welker for 7 days because that is how long Miami has to mull it over and decide whether or not to match the offer sheet.

All we know is Schefter at NFLN says we are going to make him an offer. He also seems to know the #'s so he's probably got a pretty good source.

But I'm sure we will know before then if we extended and offer sheet to him.

Got it. Didn't even know that we made an offer sheet, only that we were looking at him. Wow. What a coup that would be to get Welker. I've always thought he would like great in a Patriots uniform.

Serious, serious reloading going on at the Razor.

QB12

No, but it is being said that the PATS are going to be doing a offer sheet for him soon...

i think the offer is 7 years 38.5 million.....*shrug*

i really hope we dont

this kid is going to get 7 years 38 million? WHAT? and a 2nd rounder?

Remix get with the program please. Poison pills in RFA tenders to force the deal. That is likely what he would cost to play games in/for Miami, not NE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News