PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deontae Skinner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I do think that every game is important and that the regular season is important. I think that we should appreciate our successes in the regular season, as well as our post-season successes.

For the most part I agree. Part of me wonders if the Pats hosted the AFCCG last year and how Manning would have played outside and in Jan. If the Pats still lose Talib that may be the equalizer. Who knows.

HOWEVER, the goal of the regular season is to reach the second season, as Bill and Bill have taught us.

And yes, sometimes that means playing well enough to make the playoffs as a 9-7 or even 8-8 team, as we were discussing after the KC loss.
Winning the division and getting in the playoffs is #1 for sure. However I'm of the mindset that match-ups and how the team is playing at the end of the season is far more important than who has home field.

For the most part I agree. Part of me wonders if the Pats hosted the AFCCG last year and how Manning would have played outside and in Jan. If the Pats still lose Talib that may be the equalizer. Who knows.

Winning the division and getting in the playoffs is #1 for sure. However I'm of the mindset that match-ups and how the team is playing at the end of the season is far more important than who has home field.

Denver is outside. Our team was ravaged by injuries last year and we had a ton of fill-in players playing way above sustainable levels. It was a fun team to watch but that Broncos team was far more talented than us and it showed from the first whistle.

Denver was in he 60s that day -no wind really and back here the weather was low 30s and windy.

The SEA game would have been a brutal game.

The patriots have won or tied for the division every year since Brady arrived. So, we might excuse those who think that the patriots are strongly favored to make the playoffs.

Personally, I do think that every game is important and that the regular season is important. I think that we should appreciate our successes in the regular season, as well as our post-season successes.

HOWEVER, the goal of the regular season is to reach the second season, as Bill and Bill have taught us.

And yes, sometimes that means playing well enough to make the playoffs as a 9-7 or even 8-8 team, as we were discussing after the KC loss.

Or missing the playoffs as an 11-5 team.

Or missing the playoffs as an 11-5 team.

Non-Brady season. Brady's only missed the playoffs once in his career (2002).

Non-Brady season. Brady's only missed the playoffs once in his career (2002).

I see, so If it was Brady, they wouldn't have needed 12 that year. Okeedokee.

There's no logical point in continuing in this vein, so I will say, that piling up double digit leads during the season doesn't mean much, if it means you are one dimensional and will be defeated when the top defenses study you. You need to win games and prepare to be balanced on offense and defense in preparation for thre playoffs, but no one can take for granted that they'll waltz to 12 wins every year.

I see, so If it was Brady, they wouldn't have needed 12 that year. Okeedokee.

You seem determined to continue missing the obvious. Again, if you can't grasp something as simple as

"Brady has made the playoffs every year but his second, so getting to the playoffs isn't the concern", I don't know what to tell you. Hell, if memory serves, Brady's been to the Super Bowl more times than the Patriots have won the AFCE by fewer than 2 games during the Brady era.

You seem determined to continue missing the obvious. Again, if you can't grasp something as simple as

"Brady has made the playoffs every year but his second, so getting to the playoffs isn't the concern", I don't know what to tell you. Hell, if memory serves, Brady's been to the Super Bowl more times than the Patriots have won the AFCE by fewer than 2 games during the Brady era.

What is your point though? Do you think that is common place and to be taken for granted? Do you think he takes winning for granted in the regular season?

If you'd tell me what your point is in relating historical facts here, maybe I'll understand.

What is your point though? Do you think that is common place and to be taken for granted? Do you think he takes winning for granted in the regular season?

If you'd tell me what your point is in relating historical facts here, maybe I'll understand.

The point was obvious to mgteich. I'm not going to go over this again, when I offered to go through it with you in PMs and you chose to be obnoxious about it in the thread, instead. The last time, most of the discussion got deleted. Figure it out or drop it.

The point was obvious to mgteich. I'm not going to go over this again, when I offered to go through it with you in PMs and you chose to be obnoxious about it in the thread, instead. The last time, most of the discussion got deleted. Figure it out or drop it.

If you can't explain it on the board, why would a PM help. You can't win the lottery if you don't have a ticket and Brady is an extraordinary player who doesn't allow losing streaks to form and prevent playoff possibilities.

The patriots have won or tied for the division every year since Brady arrived. So, we might excuse those who think that the patriots are strongly favored to make the playoffs.

I don't believe anyone said the Patriots were favored to win the playoffs. Brady is a phenomenal player and realizes that you can't win the super bowl if you don't make the playoffs. You also need to develop a playoff balanced team, but you need to get in. I've given up thinking anything is obvious anymore, but that should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes