PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DE: Arkansas' Jake Bequette > UNC's Quinton Coples

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jake is a smart and hardworking guy with a good motor...but he did disappear in some games last year against better OLs. He can hit the crap out of the QB when he gets there though...ask aaron murray and connor shaw lol. I do think he can be good value in the mid rounds but im not sure if his game will translate. He'll have to learn some new moves besides the bull rush. Believe it or not he did have a better season than melvin ingram

I don't like all the LB talk though...let him play what he's been playing first
Being a smart and hardworking player and could be a great, durable complimentary player. He already has the size at 6'5" 270+ lbs and 4.6 speed. What I like the most is he was a 4-year starter at Arkansas which is darn good especially in the SEC, only minor hamstring problems and would be a great pick up in the 3rd round area but would not draft much higher. He could add versatility playing both DE and OLB.

Willing to admit that this is just my opinion. I think the Pats are going to make a couple of real steals in the 3rd and 4th round picks and wouldn't be surprised if they get Bequette, Wolfe or someone else and have an incredible overall draft.

Last edited:
You aren't a collegue. You're some dumb poster on a message board who posts more asinine garbage than comes out of Congress on any given day. This thread is just more proof of that. The issue with Coples has been his consistency of play.

I'm a dumb poster?

You couldn't even spell colleague correctly.

It's pretty pathetic when you have 20,000 posts on a message board. It's painfully obvious that you're an overweight internet troll with NO LIFE and makes inflammatory remarks to get attention. Obviously something you are devoid of in your real life.

Who said anything about previous 1st round selections? Who said anything about the Pats drafting Coples in the 1st round? OH.. That's right. No one in this thread. As for Coples, no he doesn't look like he's maxxed out at that weight. Just goes to show how much you don't know.

You can't even spell "maxed" correctly. Not only do you have no life, but your spelling is equal to that of a 12 year old immigrant.

Who said anything about previous 1st rd selections? I did.

Mario Williams was 295lbs. Not 275. Williams was playing OLB because of how athletic he is. Bequette isn't nearly the athletic freak that Williams is and it's a joke for you to even try to compare the two.

Stupidity on your part once again.

Bequette actually had BETTER numbers in the 3 cone and shuttle. Those are more important to playing in space than a 40 time (straight line speed).

Actually, 275 isn't the ideal weight for OLB on the Pats. It's about 265. BB liked Willie Mc so much that he went out and got Colvin to replace Willie. The only reason it didn't happen was because of Colvin's fluke injury. Don't believe me? The information is out there.

Adalius Thomas is listed at 270lbs
Willie McGinest is listed at 270lbs

Jake Bequette is an official 274lbs.

A mere 4lbs more than the ideal OLB Belichick covets.

Thank you for showing this forum how much of a pathetic anti-social loser you are once again. It might be amusing if you actually posted something of substance. Try getting some fresh air you little troll.

Last edited:
GOD, I love FootBall!! :rofl:

Coples is touted as the #1 DE this year. I just don't see it. Bequette is probably a 2nd rounder and his combine numbers are as good, if not better than Coples. Really most things are negligible differences between them. Coples has 10lbs, but that's about it.

Bequette's also had better on field production. Yet nobody has talked about him being a 1st rounder. Can the Pats steal him in the 2nd?

Bequette is a risk/reward guy and we could probably get him in the 3rd or 4th round. His junior tape is much better than his senior tape, because he was injured most of his senior year, but he gutted it out rather than sit.

He is much better rushing the passer than setting the edge on running plays.

Over the past three years, we have broadcast a lot of SEC games and I saw a lot of Bequette as a junior, a little less of him last year. In my opinion, he could excel in that elephant backer role that Willie made his living in for the Pats.

Yes he needs to get stronger and I wish he were more sudden, but he uses his hands well, is fairly strong and has some bend off the edge to him.

I see Coples and Crick as pure 4-3 guys that have no place in our 3-4. Now if we switch to a 4-3, then maybe they can contribute in the undertackle role for us.

I'm a dumb poster?

It's pretty pathetic when you have 20,000 posts on a message board. It's painfully obvious that you're an overweight internet troll with NO LIFE and makes inflammatory remarks to get attention. Obviously something you are devoid of in your real life.

You can't even spell "maxed" correctly. Not only do you have no life, but your spelling is equal to that of a 12 year old immigrant.

Bequette actually had BETTER numbers in the 3 cone and shuttle. Those are more important to playing in space than a 40 time (straight line speed).

Thank you for showing this forum how much of a pathetic anti-social loser you are once again. It might be amusing if you actually posted something of substance. Try getting some fresh air you little troll.

How explosive is he off the snap?

I'm a dumb poster?

Yes, you are a dumb poster. There are such things as TYPOES in life. That is all my spelling of colleague was.

Also, when people have to resort to talking about a persons post count, you know they have already lost the argument and can't actually bring anything of intelligence to the table. BTW, here's a little something to think about. I've been on this board for 10 years. And the post count was resent in 2005. So, in 7 years, I've averages 8 posts a day.. WOW.

I hate to break this to you, but missing a double "x" or an occasional "a" doesn't make my spelling the equivalent of a 12 year old immigrant. It makes my spelling that of someone who types fast and misses a letter now and then.

And it has absolutely no bearing on the response I made.

I see what the issue is. You think that the 3 cone and shuttle are gauges of true athleticism. You chose ignore that Williams had a better bench press, better vertical, better broad jump and better 10 yard split. THOSE are more important when talking about someone being a pass rusher.

Bequette didn't participate in the bench. His vertical was 34". His broad jump was only 9'5. And his 10 yard split was 1.72.

Again, please show me where I said that Bequette wouldn't be anything but an OLB in the Pats system. That's right. YOU CAN'T. Why? Because I never said it. What I did say was that Bequette would be better as a 4-3 DE. Clearly you have issues with reading comprehension.

There is more substance in .1% of my posts than all of your posts put together. It's laughable that you call me the troll when you are the one who got your panties in a wad because, god forbid, someone disagreed with your idiotic post.

Last edited:
Yeah, really impressive. Until you read his OP, where he writes:

Pats will seriously regret passing on Jerry Hughes and not trading up to get Graham.

Real savant this guy is.

Predicting a Patriots draftee is going to be a bust before he ever suits up and then lamenting we didn't take two other busts (one confirmed, one heretofore) instead isn't prescient or commendable. It's throwing **** at a wall and seeing what sticks.

I am going to try and get this train wreck back on track a little.
The funny thing is that I agree with DaBruinz assessment of the two players. Does it come off a little blunt and that gets others riled up, sure, that is his style, to each his own.

Coples is talented, there is no denying his physical attributes and his play on the field at times. His issues are with attitude and motor. If he gets into a program that can maximize his talent and keep him motivated, he will be a very good player.

Bequette is the opposite guy. You can throw out numbers from the combine all you want that support your argument one way or the other, but watch the tape and you see a guy who is limited physically but will out hustle just about anyone on the field. When he gets up against physically equal or superior talent, he struggles, no other way to put it. I think he needs to get stronger, which could hurt his already poor explosion. I love how he plays the game and he probably will have some success because of his drive and work ethic, but he is a 4th rounder because he just does not possess the same physical tools as a guy like Coples. I would draft him, but not until day 3.

Yeah, really impressive. Until you read his OP, where he writes:

Real savant this guy is.

This is really great. Sure, people on this board (including myself sometimes lol) can act like they would be better drafting than an NFL team by pointing out how they called player X a bust.

Then you find out their other options would of been horrible. Cunningham is a late 2nd round pick. Hughes would of been a bust at round 1, and trading up for Graham would of been as dumb as they come. No Gronk, Mccourty, Spikes, etc.

In this day and age of everyone having a voice/opinion you can find an article or video footage justifying anything. Even Brady had awful games in college ya know.

I'm sorry but you have to have a 1:1 ratio of correct to false predictions or better for us to give you credit for calling Cunningham a bust (even though he's not officially a bust until he's out of the NFL). Plus, you strike me (everyone?) as just being an overall negative person.

Oh and something I learned years ago during my Football days: Don't fall so in love with most college DE/DT prospects. I can tell you that out of all the positions on the field that the Offensive Line is filled with the most guys who know they aren't going to the NFL and are enjoying the free education. A lot of DE/DTs look like gods because they get to go up against arguably one of the least competitive positions in all of college.

Is turning out to be some Faction 1 vs. Faction 2 kinda thing where they just talk smack all day? :hijacked:

Please kind sirs, be gentlemen. Solve your issues in private and in an orderly fashion. :yeeha:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back