PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DE: Arkansas' Jake Bequette > UNC's Quinton Coples

Status
Not open for further replies.
The OP was right -- this thread was worth it. At least, BB agrees Bequette was good value @ 90. Bedard thinks he can play the "elephant" position this year, perhaps play more than even C. Jones.

Shows the virtue of keeping an open mind as well as engaging in civil discussion. Some posters clearly feel they have such superior insight on capabilities (not withstanding that every personnel scout will admit they are engaging in projections which may or may not pan out), that they attack other posters. Argue the point, don't attack the poster. BB's choice shows that he thought Bequette was worthy of being drafted w/ a valuable 3rd round pick.

Amen to that. (Well, except for when people say to trade for and sign Matt Forte to a huge deal. Then I get mad.):eek:

Jake Bequette > Jared Allen

game8003.jpg

Last edited:
Greetings,
Personally I see Couples as a better version of Shaun Ellis and Trevor Pryce. Players who can play defensive end in both a 3-4 and 4-3, while also playing DT as well. Might even see some time at OLB, giving the situation. I do not expect to see eye popping sack numbers from him, but average around 7 or 8 per season while doing a ton of things that do not show up on the stat sheet.

Celticboy04

Greetings,
Personally I see Couples as a better version of Shaun Ellis and Trevor Pryce. Players who can play defensive end in both a 3-4 and 4-3, while also playing DT as well. Might even see some time at OLB, giving the situation. I do not expect to see eye popping sack numbers from him, but average around 7 or 8 per season while doing a ton of things that do not show up on the stat sheet.

Celticboy04

coples is not an NFL DT

he has outstanding physical tools. the only problem is that his love for football may be gholston-esque

coples is not an NFL DT

he has outstanding physical tools. the only problem is that his love for football may be gholston-esque

Greetings,
So his attitude is the reason he can't play DT in the NFL?

Celticboy04

Greetings,
So his attitude is the reason he can't play DT in the NFL?

Celticboy04

well.......he would need a huge amount of desire to offset his lack of leverage in order to become an NFL interior lineman

May this thread's title become gospel, can I get an exponentially? Amen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST