PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Daniels: Patriots Have Interest in Bringing Back Uche, But No Offer Made

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Interesting:

Wonder if they're going to just let him test the market and let the market set his value.

As absurd as it would have sounded at midseason, I wonder if the correct move here is to bring back Mack Wilson for ⅓ or ½ the price to see if there’s more potential to unlock there with a full offseason working as an edge rusher. He had some really good plays on the edge later in the season, including sacks against $20M and $18.5M per year right tackles.

According to the post on projected AAV salaries, Uche could be resigned to a reasonable contract.

As absurd as it would have sounded at midseason, I wonder if the correct move here is to bring back Mack Wilson for ⅓ or ½ the price to see if there’s more potential to unlock there with a full offseason working as an edge rusher. He had some really good plays on the edge later in the season, including sacks against $20M and $18.5M per year right tackles.
Wilson was one of the players who stood out to me following Judon’s injury. He was active, affecting the play… If affordable (which should be the case) I second this thought : bring him back.

I liked hearing that Uche wanted to play for Mayo.

I assume this is because they’re not sure what his market is, so they want him to test it and then talk money. Don’t want to just bid against themselves.

One dimensional pass rushers like Uche in Todays game are a dime a dozen we can find a replacement.

Surprised we didn't tag Onwenu him and Dugger might be gone though I prefer Onwenu.

Definitely new management in charge. Lots and lots of rumors these days.

And I’m fine with that. While I understood Belichick’s desire to play everything close to the best, he was too tight assed about it, and it became a caricature of itself. I also think it’s one of the reasons some owners don’t want to bring him in, because they don’t want that to be the forward face of their franchise.

"We like you and want to bring you back but we aren't sure what we should pay you. After all, you've been here 4 years and have only one disruptive year and that does not warrant a big payday".

If he's cheap then great but he had a chance to emerge without Judon and he was MIA. I think he is what he is. A third option, situational pass rusher.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back