Welcome to PatsFans.com

Dan $haughne$$ey - Hypocrite extraordinaire

Discussion in 'Red Sox Fan Forum' started by QuiGon, May 4, 2006.

1. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Anyone but me find $hank $haugne$$ey has reached another height in hypocrisy with his article today..? He lambasts the Red Sox for their "ceaseless grabs for cash". Meanwhile, he goes on Sunday night local TV, does the Jim Rome Show, does ATH, writes one book after another (and promotes those books in his columns), used to be a WEEI regular and has been on the Sunday morning "Sports Reporters" show.

I guess $haugne$$ey knows a grab for cash when he sees one.
  2. milwaukeebeers44

milwaukeebeers44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Oh good God, with that curly haired idiot ever STFU?

You're right on with this post. What an arrogant blowhard. He has quite a point in his article, but it's really hard to take HIM seriously.
  3. phantom73

phantom73 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Typically, I hate Shaughnessy, but this column of his was one of the few that I almost didn't hate. He actually brings up a really great point.

Say what you want about him, the Red Sox look like they are trying to do everything they can to turn a buck, short of grabbing fans, turning them upside down, and jiggling them for loose change. There is nothing wrong with that, but they need to understand that, when they act that way, they open themselves up to the perception that they'd handle the rain delay in the manner they did simply to make a couple extra bucks.
  4. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,049 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

Shaughnessy is a pompous drunk ... one or the other is obnoxious, he chooses to put them together...

http://bostonsportsblogs.net/ April 14

This is funny re Shaugnasty:
    http://bostonsportsblogs.net/
    Last edited: May 4, 2006