PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Damn, I sure hope Williams falls

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont know about Calhoun..

overall

1) Patriots dont like taking small RBs..they like bigger guys so DeAngelo might not be pick for us if hes there

2) If we take a small back its Williams or Maroney because the talent is there and Calhoun comes from a school called Wisconsin..if I remember correctly, Michael Bennet came from there..he was a speedy good back but nothing in NFL and Ron Dayne was tremendous in college but nothing in NFL.

I wouldnt mind Addai..he timed in 4.3s or a 4.40 i believe and hes strong..I watched my Hurricanes get run over by him about 5 times..great burst

Dontrell Moore was very succesful and we spoke to him at the Combines but hes also on the smaller side

I like Maroney and I compare him a bit to Clinton Portis who got chosen in 2nd round but we would need to use a 1st for him.

0929_maroney2.jpg
PlayerPortis_1stgame.jpg

I think Maroney at best= Portis or James before his knee injury

DeAngelo Williams can be either of these guys

Marshall Faulk-at best
Julius Jones
Kevin Faulk-at worst

Last edited:
Feep_FLA said:
BB would love to have Deangelo Williams. Puts pressure on any defense any time he's on the field. Fast, shifty, strong, can catch the ball. KR's, PR's...... I would love to see him drafted by us. I just don't think they'll go offense at 21. :rocker:

Last I looked he is the same size and weight as a guy I think you know; one Kevin, (still has All-Sec rushing records), Faulk.

Gee I forget who he plays for.... Duuuh!

Kevin was a early second rounder when he came out but is not a foundation RB. Neither is Williams...

AzPatsFan said:
Last I looked he is the same size and weight as a guy I think you know; one Kevin, (still has All-Sec rushing records), Faulk.

Gee I forget who he plays for.... Duuuh!

Kevin was a early second rounder when he came out but is not a foundation RB. Neither is Williams...

deangelo williams will be better than kevin faulk

take a look at his legs
they look like friggin tree trunks

now i know k faulk is stronger than most think, but no where near as strong as deangelo

KDPpatsfan said:
I hear you but I recommend this: Go back and look at video of Faulk in college...he was absolutely nasty. Looks very very similar to Williams IMO. Coming out Faulk looked like a stud and while he has been very good...never a primary back.

It would also help to also realize that Faulk's efforts were against SEC competition while Williams is running against the Memphis level competitors. That's not at all the same. I beleive KF still owns some All-SEC rushing records...

Would I take him if he slides? Yeah to the third round, in a minute, I would, but not before...

I'm just throwing this out there so several yrs from now I can say I told u so, but D. Williams is going to be a star in this league.:)

^..A lot of people say hes going to be successful. your not the first. But theres some doubt in others.

holyredeemer said:
I'm just throwing this out there so several yrs from now I can say I told u so, but D. Williams is going to be a star in this league.:)

I think your right. he will be a star. He'll play for some losing club, get lots of hype and win lots of Lombardis just laike Barry Sanders did....

I'm not really into the college thing...but...

Who in college is about like Corey Dillon in his prime?

Whomever closely resembles that would be the best fit for us.

a guy coming out right now similar to dillon is LenDale White, USC. Hes got good size..runs people over and can break big runs sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back