PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dallas Clark

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I posted to Keegs:

Keegs, you and your Colt's buddy need to grow the F up. Wishing injuries on players is childish and shows no respect for the game.

It goes double for you, troll.

wow, for a Mod, you sure are an *******. You are a Mod of a message board, so relax, you are not that important.

wow, for a Mod, you sure are an *******. You are a Mod of a message board, so relax, you are not that important.

yes i thought it was uncalled for, especially since i didn't say that i wished injury upon Mr. Clark

I hope Peyton apologized to Dallas after that play because, it was all his fault that Dallas got jacked up. That pass came in high and behind Clark, which is a recipe for that type of hit.

I believe that Dallas Clark is the best TE in football and the most important player on our offense.:eek: Thats right, even more important than Wayne, Harrison, AND Addai. He's a matchup nightmare for anyone but the BEST corners in the league and, even when you put a corner on him, he'll still make plays. Heck, he beat Champ Bailey on a pass pattern against the Donks just last week.

He is one heck of a player.:)

I hope Peyton apologized to Dallas after that play because, it was all his fault that Dallas got jacked up. That pass came in high and behind Clark, which is a recipe for that type of hit.

I believe that Dallas Clark is the best TE in football and the most important player on our offense.:eek: Thats right, even more important than Wayne, Harrison, AND Addai. He's a matchup nightmare for anyone but the BEST corners in the league and, even when you put a corner on him, he'll still make plays. Heck, he beat Champ Bailey on a pass pattern against the Donks just last week.

All hail Dallas f'n Clark :bricks:

Is he a good blocker?

Is he a good blocker?

I'd say he's an adequate blocker. It's definitely not one of his strengths, mainly b/c of his size(or lack thereof), but he holds his own.

He more than makes up for it in other areas and will get a nice paycheck for next year, hopefully with us.:D

Yup. But we understand, Watson is better. NP.

Never said that. The best all around tight end in the game should be a outstanding blocker. Clark is not , hence him NOT being the best tight end in the game as said above.

I never said he was not a good player. I think Watson has the tools, but is yet to use ALL his talent. He may never reach his full potential.

I'd say he's an adequate blocker. It's definitely not one of his strengths, mainly b/c of his size(or lack thereof), but he holds his own.

He more than makes up for it in other areas and will get a nice paycheck for next year, hopefully with us.:D

I dont disagree with that. I dont see him being the best te in the game for that reason tho. One of the top no doubt. But to be the best you have to be an outstanding blocker also.

I would take clark in a second.

Last edited:
Never said that. The best all around tight end in the game should be a outstanding blocker. Clark is not , hence him NOT being the best tight end in the game as said above.

I never said he was not a good player. I think Watson has the tools, but is yet to use ALL his talent. He may never reach his full potential.
NP man. Never mind that Dungy and Polian like his skills in the blocking department. Watson is the best. Will probably unseat Coates as the best ever in NE.

NE O-line >> Colts o-Line
Brady >> Manning
NE Runners >> Addai and Keith
WR's?? NE >> No contest
D-line NE >> Colts D line
LBer's, NE >> Hands downs
Cover guys NE >> Colts
Coaching, please NE >> Colts.

You guys are simply the best, will go 19-0, and never get tested. As a matter of fact, yesterday's contest might be your closest all year.

KUDOS

PLUS, you get Niners' first pick next season!
Alas, the rest of the league is screwed!

Not sure why you're being an ******* here. I have watched that game many times on tape, and it was indeed Vrabel on the hit--it's even discussed in detail on the NFL film. Clark runs a crossing route....Vrabel decks him legally within the 5-yard mark...Perhaps you are thinking of another play. Phifer caused a fumble in that game.

So my memory erred once. Now **** off.
Duly noted! I will review the tape myself.

NP man. Never mind that Dungy and Polian like his skills in the blocking department. Watson is the best. Will probably unseat Coates as the best ever in NE.

Brady >> Manning
WR's?? NE >> No contest
Cover guys NE >> Colts

You guys are simply the best, will go 19-0, and never get tested. As a matter of fact, yesterday's contest might be your closest all year.

KUDOS

Ha ha typical. Avoid the question and resort to acting like I said the pats are the best team in history. Fact is Clark is not a very good blocker. Making it impossible to be the best all around tight end in the NFL (as stated above). Gates among others is better.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Brady >> Manning
WR's?? NE >> No contest
Cover guys NE >> Colts

KUDOS

Finally he gets it.

Finally he gets it.

Dungy is a better coach the Belichick!!! :rolleyes: Because his defensive mind has worked out so well for him since he has been there. Polian gave him an offense he pretty much could win in his sleep with.

Last edited:
Ha ha typical. Avoid the question and resort to acting like I said the pats are the best team in history. Fact is Clark is not a very good blocker. Making it impossible to be the best all around tight end in the NFL (as stated above). Gates among others is better.

Hope this helps.

You guys are the best....ever.

Clark, he's a good blocking TE, period. Is he used exclusively in pass protection and run blocking? No. But he has the skill set to do so. How many games have you watched Clark play? You have the knowledge base to make that determination?? BB should hire you.

You guys are the best....ever.

Clark, he's a good blocking TE, period. Is he used exclusively in pass protection and run blocking? No. But he has the skill set to do so. How many games have you watched Clark play? You have the knowledge base to make that determination?? BB should hire you.

I agree. Clark is not that good of a blocker.

Duly noted! I will review the tape myself.

Nothing personal. Not sure why so many of us (including me) were crotchety yesterday after a win, but there was no need for me to add to it with profanity.

Assuming it was Clark and Vrabel on that play, that game was one of those that led me to discounting Clark as a threat for some time. He had some bad drops in that game, and the image of being knocked down like a child on that route, the linebacker barely even acknowledging the presence of the mosquito in his path, led me to think of Clark as a pipsqueak and as timid. He's certainly matured as a receiver in all facets of the game, and become a dangerous weapon.

Absolutely, nice friggin' post man!

f'n thanks man

I'd give Clark a top ten TE rating, but in that offense, with Harrison, Wayne and Manning, Bubba Franks would be all world.

Watson and Clark are both nice weapons, but there are a lot of talented TEs in the league--Gates, Gonzalez, Winslow, Cooley, Crumpler and at some point Vernon Davis and perhaps Alex Smith and who knows who else.

But to come out and state that Dallas Clark is the best TE in football and the biggest offensive weapon on Indy? I disagree. After Manning, I'd have to guess Wayne personally. Dallas Clark benefits from the extra help that Harrison and Wayne get, and from working with one of the best QBs in NFL history.

Give me Tony Gonzalez over any other TE in football. Including Clark.

Best offensive weapon in Indy other then Manning? Jeff Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Back