Welcome to PatsFans.com

Curtis Lofton-ILB, OU

Discussion in 'Patriots Draft Talk' started by zarakotas5, Jan 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zarakotas5

zarakotas5 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

5'11.7", 238-242, timed ~4.65-4.75, Jr. coming out

157 tackles, 10.5 TFL, 2 sks, 3 ints.
    Big XII DPOY, 2nd team A-A

Expected to go late 1st-2nd, prolly 2nd. Stoops called him the best LB he's ever coached. Willis-esque in motor and back-story, humble nature, etc.

Curious about reactions to this highlight video. Again, his speed is listed in the 4.7 range, but seems faster to me [note: int returns and chasing down C. Daniel (4.5 guy)]. I particularly like the goal-line strip.

Note: You may want to turn volume down. I like Radiohead and all, but this song may be a bit much for some...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_x4WvWEJO4

Not for the #7, prolly won't last until the 2nd. But say a Dallas swap occurs, or just simply your opinion. Thanks.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2008
  2. midwestpatsfan

midwestpatsfan Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

I think at a shade under 6' that may be his biggest downfall in the patriots system. He seems like a guy who would have a difficult time shedding Olineman, which is key in this system

3. zarakotas5

zarakotas5 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yeah, that is a big bummer and I agree with you, based on popular opinion. I really like what I see from the guy, though. He seems very aware of situations.

4. Ochmed Jones

Ochmed Jones Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +31 / 2 / -1

#12 Jersey

Unless this guy's arms can reach the ground when standing upright, we should probably pass on him.

Think of all the 6'4" to 6'7" OG's and TE's that will be able to get their hands on him, before he can reach them and then just turn him anyway they want.

There is a reason why arm length is a consideration factor in the draft game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.