PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

cris collinsworth on nbc

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
was asked what he saw today in all the games . said he saw the patriots arrogance- the asked deion branch to find a better offer and he did and they are not paying him it almost cost them the game today.brady didnt look the same -FWIW.
Kinda difficult to understand how true is that statement.We probably wouldve played a better with branch in but i saw more protection problems today..

Chris Collingworth: Patriots Arrogance?

He said the Pats are arrogant.

He sais Pats thought they can easily beat the Bills without Deion Branch,

Do we need Deion?

Can we beat Pittsburgh at Heinz Field in late January without Deion Branch?

Is our pride going to force us to watch Ben Roethlisberger hoist his second Lombardi in February?

Re: Chris Collingworth: Patriots Arrogance?

Chris Collinsworth is a moron.

That said, Pats need some help at WR if they want to contend.

so if Chris Collinsworth says so, it must be true? How did Brady look when he actually got protection? How were our RB. How did the defense play once they started to jell. I will trust my own eyes on this.

Wow, what a coincidence, I see Collingsworth's arrogance all the time.

Mikey, Mikey, Mikey, if you want to promo a program, at least pick one with pundits worth their salt.

mikey said:
Can we beat Pittsburgh at Heinz Field in late January without Deion Branch?

Is our pride going to force us to watch Ben Roethlisberger hoist his second Lombardi in February?

I dont think we'll be facing Pitt at Heinz Field in January. I really don't think they'll have home field over us. But.....that's just me.

Well it didn't take long for that crap to start.:rolleyes:

As for the WRs, everyone please remember that we had two WRs missing from today's lineup. I would like to see how the passing game looks with C. Jackson, D. Gabriel, T. Brown, R. Caldwell on the field. Then we will know for sure what we have.

As for Heinz field in January? People it's week 1. That is a long ways away. There is a lot of football to played. Lets wait and see if our football team earns the right to play in the playoffs first.

Last edited:

I am not worried about how the WRs willlook in January.

They will be fine by then. Its the next few games while they are learning and adjusting, that I am more concerned about.:rolleyes:

Seriously, mikey, what was the last positive thing you said on this message board? Really, I can't remember.

So now it has nothing to do with the salary cap and setting a precedence of not giving in to ridiculous contract demands with several key free agents coming up, it's just an issue of pride? Yeah, I'm sure that's it.

actually, they interviewed brady on ncb and was asked with his receivers gone and the running game being effective , will this be the way the team goes with a run first and pass second offense ? tom kinda sidestepped the question and saidthe backs played great today.
if anything its really tough luck for brady, he loses receivers and is still expected to perform at a high level and keep answering these questions.

Chris Collinsworth probably only knows the names of ten players on this team.

mikey said:
Another idiot heard from... :rolleyes: Newsflash: Belichick does not make decisions based on emotions or foolish pride. He acts for what is in the best interest of the team. And I trust his judgement a helluva lot more than yours.

SVN said:
actually, they interviewed brady on ncb and was asked with his receivers gone and the running game being effective , will this be the way the team goes with a run first and pass second offense ? tom kinda sidestepped the question and saidthe backs played great today.
if anything its really tough luck for brady, he loses receivers and is still expected to perform at a high level and keep answering these questions.

He should make sure BB/Pioli hear about it behind closed doors.

What a surprise, horseface Collinsworth has something negative to say about the Patriots. :p

Collinsworth gets his information from the same source Tom Jackson did when he informed us that the Patriots hate their coach.

Rodney said in the post-game show that there is some bad blood between the teams and they expected a tough game. Considering the Patriots barely beat them last year I'm pretty sure they weren't buying into the talk of a cakewalk.

I mean, you don't go into a game with only 3 active WRs, none of whom were starting WRs last year for the team and expect to blow them out.

coltshater said:
What a surprise, horseface Collinsworth has something negative to say about the Patriots. :p

Uh . . . Collinsworth picked the Pats to go to the SuperBowl.

QB12

SVN said:
was asked what he saw today in all the games . said he saw the patriots arrogance- the asked deion branch to find a better offer and he did and they are not paying him it almost cost them the game today.brady didnt look the same -FWIW.
Kinda difficult to understand how true is that statement.We probably wouldve played a better with branch in but i saw more protection problems today..

There may be a sliver of truth to the "arrogance" remark - but pass protection and the fact that the only active recievers today were: Caldwell, Brown and Childress were a huge factor in the vertical game - or lack thereof.

I never worry about what the pundits say.

They played a lousy first half. The Bills played well.

The running game was good. The passing game stunk in the first half, wqual parts Brady not sharp and poor blocking by the line.

Brady still not as sharp as normal in the second half, but the protection imporved. The running game was very good. I was especially encourgaed to see Dillon finishing his runs strong. He bowled over a number of defenders for extra yds.

I was plesantly suprised by Caldwell in the second half.

When the team plays that poorly and comes back to win I can live with that.

We can make better judgements when we get to the bye week.

Garbanza said:
There may be a sliver of truth to the "arrogance" remark - but pass protection and the fact that the only active recievers today were: Caldwell, Brown and Childress were a huge factor in the vertical game - or lack thereof.
i guess..and as i mentioned before ..its going to be like that even with gabriel and jackson active. those 2 havent practiced with brady in the entire training camp so i dont expect them to step on the field and run routes and time with brady instantly..it maybe a while before our WR's are an effective threat IMHO. all teams will key in on watson and the running game and ask brady to try and beat them with what he has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back