Welcome to PatsFans.com

Congratulations SOME steeler fans

Discussion in 'NFL Football Forum' started by patsinthesnow, Feb 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patsinthesnow

patsinthesnow PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +890 / 16 / -7

#87 Jersey

I am congratulating the steelers fans that either:

Lived in the PA area their whole life.
    Were born in the PA area and moved elsewhere.

I think fans are "born" into your nfl team. I was born and still live in Massachusetts.

I just can't stand all those bandwagoner steeler fans that pollute every stadium. What so you were a kid that watched the Steel Curtain and abandoned your home team forever......

2. Clonamery

Clonamery PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -1

There are all kinds of fans...my favorites are the intelligent and the unintelligent ones because most of the time they are equally entertaining. The kind I dislike the most are the arrogant fans that try to tell you what kind of fan makes a fan. Get over yourself or get a grip, whichever come first.

3. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +721 / 1 / -3

Ha ha, I couldn't agree more. Last week I had a Steeler fan going on about authentic NFL jerseys and how he owned three, and Cardinal fans he met didn't own any. I said to him 'so being a real fan means you own an authentic NFL jersey, and if you don't own one then you're not a real fan, correct?' He gave me an incredulous look and said 'yeah, of course; real fans own authentic NFL jerseys and bandwagon fans don't.'

Apologies to Dino5Rings and Triggerfish, I know most Steeler fans aren't like this guy. But his rationale of what a 'real fan' is was so laughable that I had to relay the story.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
  4. Triggerfish

Triggerfish On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

You'd be suprised how many people have this mindset. It's kinda ridiculous! I've been a Steelers fan since I was old enough to know what football was. In the past I'd been asked plenty of times "What kind of fan ARE you?!" since I didn't own jerseys, hats, and all the countless other pieces of "memorobilia". I always replied that I didn't NEED over-priced clothing and stuff to prove I was a fan. Anyone who knows me KNOWS I'm a true fan, regardless of what I'm wearing! LOL. As I get older, and it gets increasingly harder for people to come up with gift ideas for christmas, birthdays etc, I've aquired a ridiculous amount of Steelers stuff. And I even got an AUTHENTIC Ward jersey a few Christmas' ago, so I suppose NOW, I'm FINALLY a TRUE fan! :rolleyes:

it's not just Steeler's fans either. I live in Eagle land currently, and they're they same way. In fact I'd guess that MOST fanbases are similar when it comes to this stupid idea. :eek:

Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.