PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colts Ball washing:more now or before the 2004 Div game ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
what do you guys think ?
i thought before the div playoff game it was the worse i would ever see when everyone thought we had 0 chance and we won 20-3...
but so far this week its just gone downhill all the way ..i dont mind people picking the colts but trashing the pats as non classy and polian complaining he wont hear about rodney's injury before sunday's warmups is just getting as bad as it was then .

I didnt pay a lot of attention to the lead up of the 2004 game but this seems extremely irratating hearing the Colts' ball washing.

Worse now because in the 2004 divisional round the Colts felt like more of a legit foe, with their offense breaking records and our secondary featuring Gay, Poteat and Brown.

All this ball washing of Indy now is much more unfounded. Their O has played like garbageand their D shut down 2 inept opponents.

They are giving up an prefense to objectivity and are pulling for the Colts unabashedly.

Just remember that they all picked San Diego in the last game and we know how that turned out.

I think the Colts ballwashing hit an alltime high in 2004. There was no way we could beat that high scoring offense with replacement CB's (I'd love to see all the talking heads picks from back then). The Pats made history that day, being the first defense to hold a team that scored over 500 points to 0 TD's in a playoff game. I see more "experts" picking us now than back in 2004, when we went 14-2 and were second in regular season least points allowed (tied with Philly). Hmm, come to think of it, didn't we finish second once again this year in that category ? I still feel that 2004 team was our best, we faced the 7th most difficult schedule that year, and it became more difficult considering the Steelers were 6-10 the previous year, and then lost only 1 regular season game all year in 2004.

More ballwashing in 2004, but I thought that was a better Colts team.

I will say this. Manning is a better player now than he was 2 years ago. But the Colts have a much worse defense than back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back