PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colt fans should stop whining

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good tip. Got nothing yet, but I'm still looking. Funnily enough, one of my searches turned up your post- that's FAST indexing!

As for why we care- I don't care, persay, but it's another stat to know and one less excuse for the Colts.

That is fast. I don't look at it as an excuse, but more as a sign of how good teams really are when they can overcome injury situations like that and and still win.

That is fast. I don't look at it as an excuse, but more as a sign of how good teams really are when they can overcome injury situations like that and and still win.

You may not look at it as an excuse, but most of your fellow Colt fans do! According to most of the Colts fan base, the reason why the Pats beat the Colts was because there was no Marvin Harrison, or Tony Ugoh. Good Luck against the Chargers. I want nothing less that to meet the Colts in the AFCCG. Besides I can't stand the Chargers.

We've got to admit though, facing a healthy Colts team could be different game than the first one this year. They are tough. GO PATS

We've got to admit though, facing a healthy Colts team could be different game than the first one this year. They are tough. GO PATS

You are so right! This will be an epic battle. As much as the Colts make us sick to our stomachs, we still respect the fact that they are our only competition. This Colts team CAN come to Foxboro and win. In my opinion the loss in last years AFCCG has had more to do with the Pats on their eff you tour than does spygate. I still think the Pats beat the Colts by 10 to get to the Super Bowl.

They whine because there GM likes to whine.....maybe he will have a rule changed so teams have to play with 10 players or something..

Who was missing the first game? Harrison? We're supposed to be worried about a 36 yo WR with a bad knee?

And, if Harrison is back, does Addai get >100 yds receiving?
And, do the Pats get 140 yds in penalties?

I agree completely, which is why it's important to know just how severe the injuries were. The Colts have definitely shown some depth this year, which is great, because they used to have very little (at least from a fan perspective). The Pats have always had depth, but that's just a different organizational philosophy. If the Colts win with no depth because they got lucky on injuries, that's all the more power to them- there are no rules that say you must be unlucky. All championship teams are at least a little lucky! The Pats depth-based strategy has been proven, especially in 03 and 04, but that takes absolutely nothing away from the Colts approach. Again, I think they have been making big strides with their depth anyway.

Thanks for your intelligent comments, by the way (you too, speed). Many of the Pats fans here could learn from your example-and this is OUR board! I love discussions with fans of other teams- but it's easy for that to get nasty.

Who was missing the first game? Harrison? We're supposed to be worried about a 36 yo WR with a bad knee?

And, if Harrison is back, does Addai get >100 yds receiving?
And, do the Pats get 140 yds in penalties?

Six starters didnt finish the game, but no matter hopefully we'll get to see what happens next week.:)

I agree completely, which is why it's important to know just how severe the injuries were. The Colts have definitely shown some depth this year, which is great, because they used to have very little (at least from a fan perspective). The Pats have always had depth, but that's just a different organizational philosophy. If the Colts win with no depth because they got lucky on injuries, that's all the more power to them- there are no rules that say you must be unlucky. All championship teams are at least a little lucky! The Pats depth-based strategy has been proven, especially in 03 and 04, but that takes absolutely nothing away from the Colts approach. Again, I think they have been making big strides with their depth anyway.

Thanks for your intelligent comments, by the way (you too, speed). Many of the Pats fans here could learn from your example-and this is OUR board! I love discussions with fans of other teams- but it's easy for that to get nasty.

Thanks!!!!!

Good tip. Got nothing yet, but I'm still looking. Funnily enough, one of my searches turned up your post- that's FAST indexing!

As for why we care- I don't care, persay, but it's another stat to know and one less excuse for the Colts.

I am pretty sure that Gosselin produces these stats every year and has done since 2000. But, of course, that's a lot of work and it's still fairly close to the end of the season.

Don't you guys find it funny about the Colt fans talking about injuries. This whole offseason......the Colt fans didn't want to here about all the guys that were missing from the AFC title game. More than half our team was missing from that game. But that wouldn't have mattered.....they say.:rolleyes: But now it does. What a bunch of ass clowns.

I've heard it all form Colt fans this year.

My favorite one is the "well.....Brady has Randy Moss"....after he broke Mannings record.

Here is an article that states the Pats lost 103 games from starters in '03

http://bengals.enquirer.com/2004/01/28/ben1mc.html

Coach Bill Belichick, in the process of losing five of his 22 opening-day starters to season-ending injuries, started 42 different players in this season - the most by a division winner since the NFL-AFL merger in 1970. Players who started for the Patriots lost 103 games to injuries. Belichick started 15 different lineups on offense and 10 on defense.

I'm getting sick of hearing "The Colts didn't have Harrison." The refs tried to hand them the game and they still couldn't win.

Six starters didnt finish the game, but no matter hopefully we'll get to see what happens next week.:)

Doesn't answer the question. If they were injured while playing the more physical Pats that is different.

Whom were they missing at the start of the game?

Whom were they missing at the start of the game?

In 2001 I know the Pats lost some players to injury. Of course none of the positions lost were as important as losing their PRO-BOWL QUARTERBACK. Yet they still won the superbowl.

I'm getting sick of hearing "The Colts didn't have Harrison." The refs tried to hand them the game and they still couldn't win.

You've gotta admit we wouldn't have won as many games without Moss, and the Colts without Harrison is no different, what sucks is they have the depth to cover for him against mediocre teams. Even then, they scared us in the first three-quarters of the game. I for one, wont feel comfortable till we've gotten past them.

You've gotta admit we wouldn't have won as many games without Moss, and the Colts without Harrison is no different, what sucks is they have the depth to cover for him against mediocre teams. Even then, they scared us in the first three-quarters of the game. I for one, wont feel comfortable till we've gotten past them.

Colts tries again next season<---Colts fans will be leaving here SOON <---01/20 <---healthy Colts vs healthy Pats.:rocker:

our pats fans are more tolerant than any fans out there.:D

From all the *****ing Colt fans have done about their injuries, you would think they set a record for most games missed and most players on IR. They aren't even close. http://sportsline.com/nfl/injuries

I believe the 2003 Pats still own the record for the # of different starters.

Do you look at # of different starters differently than # of games lost by starters? I would think the latter is a more accurate assessment, or a truer indicator of a teams injuries. If your O-lineman goes down, you may plug more than 1 guy in that spot, or rotate things a bit to see what combination(s) work best. But with starters lost, it is pretty cut and dry. Where it gets dicey is when you have more than 1 guy go down at a specific spot. IE, this year, when Marvin went down, the depth chart moved Moorehead into the starting line up. Well, at that same time, Gonzo was also out a few games. A feww weeks go by, and Moorehead gets IR'd. If he's in Harrison's spot, do we count his games missed to the end of the year, or do we assume Gonzo eveantually fills that spot, and Moorehead takes back his spot as a reserve? To me, it's just very interesting topic. And as a fan, it is great to take comfort in knowing your team has got enough depth to fill some voids.

For the record, talking about these injuries and using them as an excuse are not the same thing. Sure, we feel like had we been at full strength, the November game would have been different, but, no one can say that for certain. Pats made the plays when they needed to, and earned the victory.

Will be interested to see the final tally. Someone spoke of a site or service that computes those numbers at the end of each season.

Last edited:
Do you look at # of different starters differently than # of games lost by starters? I would think the latter is a more accurate assessment, or a truer indicator of a teams injuries. If your O-lineman goes down, you may plug more than 1 guy in that spot, or rotate things a bit to see what combination(s) work best. But with starters lost, it is pretty cut and dry. Where it gets dicey is when you have more than 1 guy go down at a specific spot. IE, this year, when Marvin went down, the depth chart moved Moorehead into the starting line up. Well, at that same time, Gonzo was also out a few games. A feww weeks go by, and Moorehead gets IR'd. If he's in Harrison's spot, do we count his games missed to the end of the year, or do we assume Gonzo eveantually fills that spot, and Moorehead takes back his spot as a reserve? To me, it's just very interesting topic. And as a fan, it is great to take comfort in knowing your team has got enough depth to fill some voids.

For the record, talking about these injuries and using them as an excuse are not the same thing. Sure, we feel like had we been at full strength, the November game would have been different, but, no one can say that for certain. Pats made the plays when they needed to, and earned the victory.

Will be interested to see the final tally. Someone spoke of a site or service that computes those numbers at the end of each season.

How do you think we felt after the AFCG, 1 1st down away, half the team on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST