PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colston fantasy ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw that and thought, wow...I don't want to sound naive, but does he really do it or is it special effects?

I saw that and thought, wow...I don't want to sound naive, but does he really do it or is it special effects?

If he really did pull those final two catches off in real time from the machine as it was showed then I'll eat my flops.

That said, if he really did do it, why did they pan away from the machine? ;)

Computer graphics are much easier to pull off when perspective is taken out of the equation.

The side view removed the perspective and made the final image a matter of almost two dimensional proportion. Read: they made it easier on the CGI guys that were drawing those final two balls in.

That. Sounded. Wrong.

Last edited:
they did a nasty one last year with Rackers. He said he'd kicked four footballs from 50 yards out. The first two will hit the left upright. The second two will hit the right upright. And sure enough, four direct hits!

The whole series is good -- the kickers are awesome, and I like the ricochet pass bit (Jason Campbell, maybe?)

Probably cheaper to make them do 50 takes than to render realistic CGI!

I once saw this ad where Mike Vick threw the ball 100 yards!

I think I heard that he ate a baby beforehand, and Satan rewarded him with superhuman strength in return

I am pretty sure we had the same exact thread discussion maybe 2 days ago?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents