PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CNNSI Early 2011 Mock Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will GUARANTEE that at least 1 of those draft picks will turn into a 2012 first and 2011 second

I will also guarantee that about 2% of this board will even get close to what the Pats actually do;)

Love the idea, but I don't think I have the depth of knowledge to pull it off. (Who are the all-time elite centers?)

Mike Webster, Jim Otto, Dwight Stephenson, Dermonti Dawson....but they'd be towards the end of the draft. So would guards, most safeties, and possibly running backs.

It would be interesting to see how it does and doesn't resemble a fantasy draft. I think QBs still have to go first -- Montana, Brady, Manning top 3? -- but I imagine RBs will slide, not only behind defensive players but some other offensive positions as well.

I'd be tempted to take Jerry Rice first overall. I think the gap from him to whomever you think is second-best (Moss? Alworth? Hornung? Largent? Harrison?) is much greater than the gap between Manning, Montana, Unitas, Brady, Starr, Graham or Brown, Sanders, Payton, ****erson, Smith, Simpson, Dorsett, etc.

I think the first round might be some combination of Rice, Manning, Montana, Lawrence Taylor, Deacon Jones, Munoz

Green of Georgia and Bailey of Miami would be huge for us in 2011.

medium_julio-jump.jpg

just imagine Brady having that guy in the redzone!

Green of Georgia and Bailey of Miami would be huge for us in 2011.

I know you see a lot of SEC ball Ochmed. ? for ya. AJ Green seems like the best wr prospect of the top four; Green, Floyd, Baldwin and Julio Jones. What's the word on Julio? He hasn't quite lived up to expectations. Is that because of Alabama's offense? Strong running game and shaky qb. Or, do you think he's had trouble picking up their system. Doesn't seem to have that explosive breakaway step that Green has.

For Jones, I believe some of his lack of production is due to Alabama's emphasis on establishing the run, ranking within the top ten in 2009 in team rushing. Another reason is, Greg McElroy. With such a propensity to run-the-ball and play defense. The team didn't have to rely often on McElroy to win games. And I'm not sure if McElroy possesses the arm strength to throw it deep regularly. Or, Alabama just let's him manage the game, not win it per se. Depends on what the defenses are giving them. But I'm no authority on this. So this may or may not be entirely true.

But then, when you're a team which featured Ingram and Trent Richardson. Play to your strength. Alabama seems loaded at the position for next season.

Alabama Has Perfect Storm of Running Backs | Bleacher Report

If we wanted a beast WR but also an elite defensive player, we could pick the defensive player wit our Raider pick and if the Big Four don't drop to us, then pick DeAndre Brown.

He's 6-6 236 lbs and he posses good body control and hands. He's running around a 4.5 40 right now but he is tough to bring down. He's also a huge redzone threat. He also blocks downfield.

Hahaha, no way BB is going to use the Raider pick on a Wide Receiver.

"Defense Baby, we need to stop these (bleeps) from scoring!"

Or this guy...

floyd.jpg

Michael Floyd

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye