PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cincy released Reggie McNeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

NE39

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
The converted QB had a strong preseason in his conversion to WR, but Cincy's depth chart at the position is real strong. The former Aggie QB is a tremendous athlete, 6-2,195# with 4.4 speed and great quickness. He was a 6th round pick of the Bengals.

Might be worth a look, although the Patriots could probably use a veteran more.

Darius Watts has been cut also from the Broncos..6"2 190. could be a good pickup if he can work on consistency

I saw that too, interesting but I think he's more of a project than the Pats will want.

Ron Dayne also released from the Broncos.

Poor Corey Chavious, he had McNeal as the #1 player in this year's draft - Mike Mayock looked at him like he was insane but tried to be nice about it :)

BelichickFan said:
Poor Corey Chavious, he had McNeal as the #1 player in this year's draft - Mike Mayock looked at him like he was insane but tried to be nice about it :)

What draft?

BelichickFan said:
2006 NFL Draft. Seriously.
I need some of what he's smoking:D

Should the patsies pick him up? I think they should, based on his athletic ability alone. I don't know how he's been as far as picking up being a WR.

My impression of him is that he was like Givens only with speed and athletic ability. So maybe not so much like Givens.

Don't know about his hands.

mcbee said:
Should the patsies pick him up? I think they should, based on his athletic ability alone. I don't know how he's been as far as picking up being a WR.
We might as well put someone with some upside at that #5 WR spot given that it'll just be slop anyway, barring a trade.

Interesting...he could also have an emergency QB role.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft