PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chris Simms: Not A Top-Five Species

Status
Not open for further replies.
big ben isnt even in my top 10. let alone top 5.

Big Ben just lost to the JETS, the 1-8 at the time Jets.

a top 5 QB doesnt lay as big of an egg as he just did against a terrible team.

Steelers fans would never put Big ben in top 10... Simms is just being a jerk.

"If Andrew Luck doesn’t throw for 400 yards and four touchdowns, they can’t win a game, He doesn’t have Jonas Gray and the offensive line the New England Patriots do where they can run for 250 yards in a game."

That's a real quote from him today when he was on douche and squeaky

Really one of the reasons why Lucky is better than Brady is because Brady has Jonas Gray? Guy was a PS guy for 2+ years up until Ridley went down.

I'm pretty sure Jonas Gray running for 200+ yards had more to do with the Colts garbage D-line against the run(with some help from Flemming) and Brady's great command than the Patriots having an unstoppable o-line.

Last edited:

Douche and Squeaky?!?! LMAO!!!

3c481cc6ec98d03b287d0049ed4f3adcc58587899f63fed2afbff4436e423188.jpg

:D

"If Andrew Luck doesn’t throw for 400 yards and four touchdowns, they can’t win a game, He doesn’t have Jonas Gray and the offensive line the New England Patriots do where they can run for 250 yards in a game."

Really one of the reasons why Lucky is better than Brady is because Brady has Jonas Gray? Guy was a PS guy for 2+ years up until Ridley went down.
About that running game from gray
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4772589/dominique-easleys-impact-highlighted

Brady's run checks: On a Jonas Gray 14-yard run in the third quarter (13:35), Belichick pointed out the defensive alignment and how if the run comes to the left side, where there are two defensive backs on that side that couldn't be accounted for, it would be a bad play. So quarterback Tom Brady checked the run to the other side, and there is success. Belichick later showed a similar play -- a 14-yard run by Gray in which Brady once again checked the run away from the side where the numbers weren't favorable. Of rookie offensive tackle Cameron Fleming, Belichick said: "He did a really good widening the holes or blocking down and creating good space in that off-tackle hole." Of running back Jonas Gray, Belichick said: "I thought he did a good job lowering his pads, dropping his weight and running through a couple tackles in the secondary."

yes , any QB wouldve beat indy.

Chris Simms is not a top-five quarterback ranker.

http://nesn.com/2014/11/chris-simms-the-dream-of-tom-brady-as-a-top-five-quarterback-has-to-end/

Chris Simms is back to spouting nonsense.

“My kids know that Shrek is not real,” Simms said. “What are we going to say, that Tom Brady’s the best quarterback in year 25 of his career when he’s 50 years old? I mean, the dream has to end at some point. I have the ultimate respect for him, but at this point in his career, for me to say he’s in Aaron Rodgers’ or Andrew Luck’s class? I’m sorry, I just cannot say that.”

All our kids know that Chris Simms' QB career is not real.

Simms has Luck at #2. Nothing else he says matters after that.

Via the Denver Post, more than 40,000 fans have added their names to a Change.org petition urging Simms to be barred from calling any games involving the Denver franchise.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/18/broncos-fans-dont-want-phil-simms-doing-their-games/

I thought only the Patriots fans hated Phil Simms. Apparently no one likes Phil Simms as the Donkies fans put up a petition for CBS not to let Phil Simms do the Denver games. Like father like son, no one wants to hear the father and no one gives two $hits about Chris Simms' opinion.

I thought only the Patriots fans hated Phil Simms. Apparently no one likes Phil Simms as the Donkies fans put up a petition for CBS not to let Phil Simms do the Denver games. Like father like son, no one wants to hear the father and no one gives two $hits about Chris Simms' opinion.

I don't have a problem with Nantz/Simms they are the best CBS commentators by a mile. I am sure the poor soul who did our Browns game last year, still tries to figure out how to pronounce Gostkowski and whether he touched the onside kick too early or not.

I never understood the criticism to be honest.

I don't have a problem with Nantz/Simms they are the best CBS commentators by a mile. I am sure the poor soul who did our Browns game last year, still tries to figure out how to pronounce Gostkowski and whether he touched the onside kick too early or not.

I never understood the criticism to be honest.
It was just Simms. I like Nantz and the Donkies fans never mentioned Nantz was the problem. People just don't like Phil Simms.

It was just Simms. I like Nantz and the Donkies fans never mentioned Nantz was the problem. People just don't like Phil Simms.
I don't understand the hate on commentators either I genuinely like mostly all of them except Dierdof (sp?) And Ian Eagle

I don't understand the hate on commentators either I genuinely like mostly all of them except Dierdof (sp?) And Ian Eagle
Dierdork was a known Patriots hater , so I agree with you on that. I don't understand why people hate commentators either but the petition by the Donkies fans state:
“CBS please ban Phil Simms from Broadcasting anymore Bronco games,” the petition states. “We do not know why he is assigned to the Broncos games every year. It is sure and complete torture for us Broncos Fans to have to listen to his biased drivel every week. Please hear us out on this, we are tired of Phil Simms in Denver!”

So that could give you some perspective on why people may hate on commentators. I don't hate Phil Simms the quarterback, but I dislike Phil Simms the commentator. I don't have problems with other "A-team" commentators like Joe Buck/ Aikman and Al Michaels /Collinsworth. I like Al Michaels the most btw.

Simms has Luck at #2. Nothing else he says matters after that.

He also uses Brady's age and years in the league as his reason...and goes and puts Manning in the top 5.

He also uses Brady's age and years in the league as his reason...and goes and puts Manning in the top 5.

Yup.... I also loved how there was contention for Wilson's #4 spot, with other players, yet Manning was solid at #5, as if it was his birthright, which is exactly what Simms was supposedly complaining about. It's clear that Simms was just talking out of his ass for some reason.

Yup.... I also loved how there was contention for Wilson's #4 spot, with other players, yet Manning was solid at #5, as if it was his birthright, which is exactly what Simms was supposedly complaining about. It's clear that Simms was just talking out of his ass for some reason.

Probably because that's where his head is.

I've never been down on Manning, like many Pats fans. I think him as good as I've ever seen. He's right up there. But RIGHT NOW, this year, if I had to pick between him and Brady, it wouldn't be close. Manning was throwing wobbly ducks in a dome last week. He got THREE receivers (Welker, Sanders, Caldwell) crushed.

He is becoming a shell of himself before our eyes - still has the head, but the arm got left behind. Should be interesting to watch him against the good Miami D in the cold in Denver (high temp, mid-30's last i saw) without Sanders or J. Thomas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3