PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chris Henry WR - charges dropped

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Giants said that they didn't do anything special to defend Randy besides relying on their pass rush, and Wes Welker tied a Super Bowl record for receptions.

When will people stop pretending he's only good because of Randy?

Anyways I think it's the quantity of Henry's run-ins that make him a complete non-candidate for this team. It seems like the Pats are willing to cut some slack over one (maybe two) minor and relatively explainable offenses, especially if the player is important to the team. It even appeared like we were going to keep Willie Andrews after his initial drug bust.

But constant run-ins with the law is pretty much going to shut that door, at least for this team.

The Giants said that they didn't do anything special to defend Randy besides relying on their pass rush, and Wes Welker tied a Super Bowl record for receptions.

When will people stop pretending he's only good because of Randy?

Anyways I think it's the quantity of Henry's run-ins that make him a complete non-candidate for this team. It seems like the Pats are willing to cut some slack over one (maybe two) minor and relatively explainable offenses, especially if the player is important to the team. It even appeared like we were going to keep Willie Andrews after his initial drug bust.

But constant run-ins with the law is pretty much going to shut that door, at least for this team.

I never said he was only good because of Randy Moss. But do you seriously think he would be a good playing the slot with, say, Troy Brown and Reche Caldwell on the outsides?

I never said he was only good because of Randy Moss. But do you seriously think he would be a good playing the slot with, say, Troy Brown and Reche Caldwell on the outsides?

Yes I do. He would be very good still. maybe not 110 catches but he would still put up numbers that would keep in the top of the slot reciever position in the league.

Randy helped open things up for him but he couldn't make it work for him. What makes Welker so good is he is so fluid in his cuts that it is like he doesn't even slow down to change directions. He has great hands and is one tough SOB to go over the middle with the fury he does.

PS: Troy was slot WR too.

Agreed. During the season, I specifically remember other teams saying things like "you can't double cover both of them".

When do you even hear about a slot receiver needing double coverage to be shut down?

Don't forget that this Patriots team traded away their 2nd and 7th round picks for Welker, a full MONTH before they traded a 4th for Randy. I think it's clear how valuable he is, with or without the best WR in the game on the outside.

A lot of things make Welker as good as he is. On a running play in the 3-wide formation, he's surprisingly effective at blocking an average 4-3 MLB. Pity that poor SOB if it's a passing play and Welker's the first read. He can't be covered one-on-one by a MLB.

Most teams don't have the quality at nickelback to cover Welker, so they have to double him with a LB and a NB.

If Moss is not on the field, Welker is the best WR and likely Brady's first target. The opposing D would be smart to rotate their top CB to NB, if that guy is flexible enough to cover the slot. I don't know if anyone actually does that, it's a pretty different skill set, but it would change the equation.

As for Chris Henry, can we please forget about that? Don't want it and it ain't happening.

Last edited:
Only an idiot would suggest that the Patriots signing Chris Henry. Hell would have to freeze over twice and Bush would get six terms before that would happen. He doesn't get it and he's still suspended so it's a moot point anyways.

Only an idiot would suggest that the Patriots signing Chris Henry. Hell would have to freeze over twice and Bush would get six terms before that would happen. He doesn't get it and he's still suspended so it's a moot point anyways.

You talkin to me??

You care to explain why - or were you simply unable to read and comprehend anything but the large print from my OP (i'll spell it out for you if you need me to) ?

You talkin to me??

You care to explain why - or were you simply unable to read and comprehend anything but the large print from my OP (i'll spell it out for you if you need me to) ?

I think he's talking to the both of us. I never thought I would see an actual Patriots troll on a Patriots board, but there you go.

Chris Henry is just your average spare receiver. No need to sign him.

No he's not. He's extremely talented. Just an idiot.

Yes, exactly. He just needs some maturity. I know I have matured from when I was in my early 20's until now.

Sign him to a prove it like Moss had last year and let's see how he does in out locker room, not that zoo in Cincinatti.

Yes, exactly. He just needs some maturity. I know I have matured from when I was in my early 20's until now.

Sign him to a prove it like Moss had last year and let's see how he does in out locker room, not that zoo in Cincinatti.

It's a scientific fact that the frontal lobe (cortex?) of the brain -- the part of your brain that is in charge of decision making -- does not mature until the age of 25 in men.

One of the only industries to really take advantage of this fact is the automobile industry: it's why you can't rent a car until you're 25 and your insurance rates drop at 25.

(Think about it: Insurance is all about numbers and risk.)

Even if you think of yourself personally, I'm willing to bet the stupidest stuff you ever did was before you were 25. Same thing with these athletes.

It's actually why I wanted the Pats to make a run at Pacman Jones -- he's now 25, and it wouldn't shock me to see him stay out of trouble now.

Henry is 24 going on 25 -- my guess is sometime next season he'll be playing for someone and staying out of trouble.

I think he'd be great here, and maybe even an upgrade over Stallworth playing opposite Moss, couple that with the fact that he should come very cheap I think he's worth the risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Back