PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chris Berman and Cris Carter at center of Sexual harrasment case

Status
Not open for further replies.

thenepatsrule

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Chris Berman, the longtime ESPN host known for his catchphrases, was the subject of a recent sexual harassment claim against ESPN that was settled, according to The Big Lead.

One-time ESPN makeup artist Sue Baumann alleged Berman made inappropriate comments and sent her inappropriate text messages going back to 2011. The sexual harassment claims stem from Baumann’s work with “Sunday NFL Countdown.”

The Big Lead also reported Baumann revealed an extramarital affair with another “Sunday NFL Countdown” talking head, Hall of Fame wide receiver Cris Carter, to ESPN brass in 2013

Shame these two work for such a good network which is a symbol of integrity,truthfulness etc.. etc...

An ESPN article about ESPN employees. UH-OH.

Looks like a nice way for ESPN to make additional cuts.

Baumann was fired by the company that contracted to work for ESPN in the summer of 2015. Soon after, she leveled the harassment accusations.

Looks like some of those who were cut left with some ammunition.

One-time ESPN makeup artist Sue Baumann alleged Berman made inappropriate comments and sent her inappropriate text messages going back to 2011. The sexual harassment claims stem from Baumann’s work with “Sunday NFL Countdown.”

The Big Lead also reported Baumann revealed an extramarital affair with another “Sunday NFL Countdown” talking head,

And add one pissed off husband to the mix.

A source told the website Baumann’s husband alerted ESPN producers to the existence of the allegedly inappropriate texts from Berman.A source told the website Baumann’s husband alerted ESPN producers to the existence of the allegedly inappropriate texts from Berman.

I'm shocked that Chris Carter didn't have a fall guy in his entourage ready to take the blame in case this ever came out.
Did you not read the story? His fall guy was Berman! He set that man up, men!

"The Big Lead" (whatever that is) reports that it was ESPN who hired the Private Investigators.. did Berman really think he was a candidate for a little menage a trois??? Delusional thought..

ESPN Settled Former Makeup Artist's Claim that Chris Berman Sexually Harassed Her

1513669920374650002.jpg

Get ready for a big unsubstantiated breaking news story from espn about the Patriots based on rumors and inuendos from unnamed sources in order to get the spotlight off their own scuzzy employees

The Big Lead also reported Berman revealed an extramarital affair with another “Sunday NFL Countdown” talking head, Hall of Fame wide receiver Cris Carter, to ESPN brass in 2013

This was the first thing I read when I woke up and I thought I read the following.

Sad. I like Berman.

Eh, who knows what the hell happened there. A woman who liked to cheat on her husband got fired from her job then claimed that someone else said "inappropriate" things to her. I realize they settled, but corporations do that all the time.

Yeah, as much I despise espn and everything they stand for, this woman's timing seems a little suspect. She claims she was getting inappropriate messages from Berman since 2011 but didn't say anything about it until now...after she was fired.

Seems that if she was so offended by them she wouldn't have put up with it for almost 5 years

Yeah, as much I despise espn and everything they stand for, this woman's timing seems a little suspect. She claims she was getting inappropriate messages from Berman since 2011 but didn't say anything about it until now...after she was fired.

Seems that if she was so offended by them she wouldn't have put up with it for almost 5 years

The only reason to put up with it is so she can keep her job. If she isn't going to have a job anyway she might as well reveal the text messages.

A pair of douchebags

Berman's schtick jumped the shark about 15-years ago. I don't watch BSPN anymore so thankfully my exposure to him is very limited.

While I don't advocate this type of behavior, I also don't believe a woman completely in these cases either. There's two sides to every story and a woman can flip on you in a NY minute when it comes to flirting and inuendo.

With that said, none of these kinds of stories surprises me anymore. People walk around all high and might all the time, but they're doing all kinds of shady sh*t. It's just the way of the world. I used to like Berman a lot, but I've completed boycotted the station and couldn't care less about any of it's big name employees . . . except Bru and Reiss of course. Sadly, I don't get much of those two since my two-year, self-imposed ban from ESPNFL. It didn't really take Defamegate for me to stop watching that station. I was done with them looong before that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft