Welcome to PatsFans.com

Celts & Heat frontrunners to add Troy Murphy

Discussion in 'Boston Celtics Fan Forum' started by BradyManny, Feb 23, 2011.

1. BradyManny

BradyManny Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +132 / 4 / -0

If he's bought out by Golden State once they trade for him (lots of ifs...), Mannix has Murphy going to one of the two East heavyweights:
    I think it's a huge addition for either team, especially Miami. Good rebounder, great range as a shooter. He would help Miami space the floor for their playmakers.

And he'd do the same for the C's.

Ultimately, over the long run, Miami has way more minutes to offer, so I think he ends up there. In the short term, the Celts have no O'Neals, Perk just banged up his knee a little, Semih has been banged up. I hope Ainge is aggressive and realizes he can't count on any of these guys.

Rondo with Ray-Pierce-KG-Murphy is a really tough unit to defend while making only some concessions in defense and rebounding. Spread out Ray-Paul-Murphy, let Rondo work the pick and roll w/ KG, kick out to the open guy.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2011
  2. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,399 / 33 / -53

No Jersey Selected

Never heard of him. Is he a good distributor?

3. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,399 / 33 / -53

No Jersey Selected

Nevermind. Just checked his stats page. Looks like he'd be a nice, quality, back-up forward. The Heat are lacking that at the moment.

4. BradyManny

BradyManny Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +132 / 4 / -0

Only reason I really know Murphy is b/c he's been on my fantasy team 3 years straight (which hasn't done me any good this year). He's never played for a team that mattered in his career as far as I know.

But, generally, when playing enough minutes, the guy is good for about 10&10 with 40% 3 pt shooting. Not too shabby.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2011