PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Captain Dan Connolly

Status
Not open for further replies.
And not so long ago, folks posted that Connolly was not one our top three OL's. BTW, that was within the last week when someone was agonizing how we could get our top 3 OL's on the field at once: Vollmer, Solder and Cannon.

In theory, Connelly can still play the role of center while having the aforementioned 3 players on the field--but I do think that Cannon is a bit overrated by some here on the forum.

I do agree that some (myself included) had him on the bubble a few months ago due to his salary, but it did not appear that either of the 2 rookies stepped up enough to justify that kind of move; especially after Mankins was traded. I think we'd all have freaked out had Connelly been let go at this point.

Last edited:

I was at that game and from the seats we had we had a great view of the return .... The place went nuts. LOL

Thanks for the vid!

Count me as wrong about him. I thought his cap number made him a good candidate for being restructured or cut.

Count me as wrong about him. I thought his cap number made him a good candidate for being restructured or cut.

Don't feel bad. I think there were a good amount of fans here who felt that one of Connelly/Wendell could be cut.

Remember hearing one time from a sport talk radio guy(Fauria? may Chatham?) that the votes are put on a piece of paper and put into a hat, then the coaching staff go in the other room to "tabulate" the results, so there is some control of the outcome.... some call it "shenanigans".

His "election" seems to be somewhat strategic...

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back