Welcome to PatsFans.com

Can someone, anyone, answer this question please

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Bobs My Uncle, Feb 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobs My Uncle

Bobs My Uncle PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

When was the policy against videotaping (an opponent whilst on the sideline) implemented?

I recall reading that this rule was implemented in '05 and the memo re-enforcing the rule policy sent out again prior to the start of the '06 season but can't find confirmation anywhere.

If these dates are in fact true then the Pats SB wins occurred PRIOR to this policy taking effect. If so why is this at all an issue?

Further, why haven't any of the hot shot Pats media folk done due diligence on the time frame element to this? It would seem that if one of these hungry media folk found out that this policy didn't take place until after the Pats SB wins they'd have a major scoop on this very media worthy story ..........
  2. ShrewBeer

ShrewBeer Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

have you ever heard of a scoop being a positive story? never. only bad news sells. and the memo came out prior to '07. nobody cares about defending the pats, because that story doesnt sell.
  3. thechris

thechris Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I'd like to see this as well.
  4. BradyFTW!

BradyFTW! PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +99 / 2 / -1

#12 Jersey

Multiple people have said that there was no rule against videotaping from the sidelines in place during the Pats' Super Bowls. Can't verify it myself, but that's the word. I'm surprised that nobody in the national media has picked that up.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.