PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bucs at Dolphins game moved to week 11 due to Hurricane Irma; brutal schedule for Dolphins

Palm Beach Pats Fan

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Moving the Dolphins-Bucs game?

It is scheduled for Sunday, 1PM. The movement of Hurricane Irma, now at category 5, is uncertain, but Miami is likely to get at best a glancing blow (tropical storm conditions) and certainly could get the full brunt of it.

No way they keep it on Sunday
No way they move it to Saturday (the storm will be fast-approaching then)

the choices would seem to be Friday, Thursday, move to a new location, or move to week 11, when both teams have their bye week. That would kinda suck for them, a week 1 bye!.

meanwhile...

The NFL hired the scientific firm Exponent, the one they hired for deflategate, to study the situation.

They have determined that hurricanes do not exist.

So I guess it’s all good now. ;)

P.S. we are watching Irma closely here in Palm Beach County, and are EASILY in the "cone of uncertainty"

Praying for you, man. This would be like Andrew if it makes landfall. I live in North Florida, but I have a ton of family in South Florida that will have to evacuate.

I am toying with the idea of making a hotel reservation in Orlando. We have 2 dogs, which complicates things. Of course, right now it is certainly possible that Orlando gets hit (though it is far enough inland that it might not be so bad).

Game is at MIA but latest seems to indicate TPA is quite at risk too (which sucks for me, because many of my relatives live near TPA these days...). As you see it's projected to curl North. It could just go due North (most projections show that) or it could curl out into the Bay and build up more steam and swing around. Should be a butt clenching kind of week, sigh..

145233_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

Game is at MIA but latest seems to indicate TPA is quite at risk too (which sucks for me, because many of my relatives live near TPA these days...). As you see it's projected to curl North. It could just go due North (most projections show that) or it could curl out into the Bay and build up more steam and swing around. Should be a butt clenching kind of week, sigh..

145233_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png
It would be some **** if that ***** kept going into the Gulf and right for Texas again. Those warm waters would supercharge it.

I am toying with the idea of making a hotel reservation in Orlando. We have 2 dogs, which complicates things. Of course, right now it is certainly possible that Orlando gets hit (though it is far enough inland that it might not be so bad).
Make that reservation , now!!!! You don't want to be anywhere near Cat 4/5 Hurricane when it makes land. It's not just the wind but the storm surge ( wall of water) which can be just as deadly. I was down in Mississippi after Katrina and there had been a wall of water 3-4 feet a few miles inland.... Buildings along the coast were decimated down to their foundation because of a 20 foot wall of water.... We've been spoiled because of the long lapse between major storms making landfall but in many respects it is like 2005 again, then it was Katrina and Rita, now Harvey and potentially Irma....
Stay safe.....

I hear that Kansas City is nice this time of year.

The NFL hired the scientific firm Exponent, the one they hired for deflategate, to study the situation.

They have determined that hurricanes do not exist.

So I guess it’s all good now. ;)

P.S. we are watching Irma closely here in Palm Beach County, and are EASILY in the "cone of uncertainty"

Kyrie Irving agrees

Last edited:

No need to stick around. Be safe.

The Bucs would probably prefer moving it to a neutral location due to the competitive advantage (i.e. better to play a neutral location than a true away game). I believe Atlanta's shiny new stadium is not being used. Not to mention TB's revenues won't be impacted.

Not so sure the Dolphins would go for that though.... a week 1 bye would suck, but it's not entirely unheard of though....

The Bucs would probably prefer moving it to a neutral location due to the competitive advantage (i.e. better to play a neutral location than a true away game). I believe Atlanta's shiny new stadium is not being used. Not to mention TB's revenues won't be impacted.

Not so sure the Dolphins would go for that though.... a week 1 bye would suck, but it's not entirely unheard of though....
Miami's crowd sucks though, 16 weeks with no bye is no good.

ive never experienced a hurricane...but a cat 4/5 sounds really troublesome...debating leaving NOLA in case Irma decides to enter the gulf this weekend

regardless anyone in the vicinity should have multiple options prepared

I think the best solution would be to move the game to a different neutral location. I think both teams would rather have that than have a week 1 bye.

I saw a map showing Irma, getting to the keys and making a 90D turn and going right up the middle of the state from S to N, hope the steering winds turn to storm north and into the Atlantic. I tis looking like the strongest storm ever measured in the Atlantic basin.

Hurricane Irma Discussion Number 26
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL AL112017
1100 AM AST Tue Sep 05 2017

Irma is an extremely impressive hurricane in both infrared and visible satellite images. Experimental GOES-16 one-minute visible satellite pictures show a distinct 25-30 n mi wide eye with several mesovortices rotating within with eye. The aircraft have not sampled the northeastern eyewall where the strongest winds were measured shortly before 1200 UTC this morning, but the Air Force plane will be entering the eye in that quadrant momentarily. A peak SFMR wind of 154 kt was reported, with a few others of 149-150 kt. Based on these data the initial intensity is set at 155 kt for this advisory. This makes Irma the strongest hurricane in the Atlantic basin outside of the Caribbean Sea and Gulf of Mexico in the NHC records.

irma-sphaghetti-tracks.jpg

I made the hotel reservation. Man, are they are booking up fast- we have to go all the way to Macon GA for a pet-friendly hotel with vacancies for this weekend!

That cluster of "spaghetti models" going every which way is about as useful as Belichick telling us that our next punt returner might be somebody who is on our roster, somebody who is on another roster, or somebody who is not on any roster at all.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back