PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruschi:Five observations from a beatdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you not realize that the same could be said about your argument? Not every single play depends on blind faith. How many times over the course of Brady's career have you seen him about to fire and at the last second pull up, and then hit a different receiver because Brady saw the receiver open out of the corner of his eye. There is no way that is timing and blind faith. He didn't seem to have any issue finding Tate against Minny on a broken play. Against the Browns there were a couple of throws where Brady missed and when they panned back to him you could see on his face that he knew he messed up. And surely you know that when a receiver screws up Brady lets him know. Again, he wasn't barking at his receivers after a few poorly thrown balls.

Yes receivers should be able to catch less than perfect balls, but not balls that nearly one hop to them. Especially when they have room to turn and make a play.

I usually agree with you, but you are taking this timing thing and defense of Brady way to far. The guy had a bad game, it happens.

So what do you want, for us to run the seat of the pants offense? Want Bill to work on that situationally for the rest of the season? Not gonna happen here. We don't throw the baby out with the bath water. We reluctantly dumb it down a hair when the lack of talent forces the issue, and fans here have a nutty when they do that where even they can notice it (as in on defense...).

How many passes were dropped this weekend...4-5? How many times did receivers make an incorrect adjustment based on misreading the post snap defense? 4-5 conservatively? Had half of those things not happened Brady's completion % is likely above 75 on a day when he didn't get on the field until the opposition offense had put up 10 points on the way to dominating TOP. Then he lead them down the field on a potential TD drive to cut the margin to 3 ahead of getting the ball back to start the second half... only to see his receiver fumble the ball away on the 1. Yeah, Brady had a crappy day - through little or no fault of his own...

So what do you want, for us to run the seat of the pants offense? Want Bill to work on that situationally for the rest of the season? Not gonna happen here. We don't throw the baby out with the bath water. We reluctantly dumb it down a hair when the lack of talent forces the issue, and fans here have a nutty when they do that where even they can notice it (as in on defense...).

How many passes were dropped this weekend...4-5? How many times did receivers make an incorrect adjustment based on misreading the post snap defense? 4-5 conservatively? Had half of those things not happened Brady's completion % is likely above 75 on a day when he didn't get on the field until the opposition offense had put up 10 points on the way to dominating TOP. Then he lead them down the field on a potential TD drive to cut the margin to 3 ahead of getting the ball back to start the second half... only to see his receiver fumble the ball away on the 1. Yeah, Brady had a crappy day - through little or no fault of his own...

Dude I don't even know how to respond to that?? That whole first paragraph had absolutely nothing to do with anything I wrote.

And your second paragraph is in line with everything I wrote. With the exception of the last line.

Brady sucked
His receivers sucked
The whole offense sucked!

Its over, time to move on to the Steelers.

Last edited:
I was at that game and remember that play well... he's right, it was all downhill after that.

It sucked to be there that day but I no idea what a historic day it apparently was, at least for Bruschi's career!

I can relate to this kid. When I was a rookie in 1996, we played the Denver Broncos at home and ran a fake punt called "Brown Right." Tom Tupa was the quarterback/punter and I was the wing, and I went out for a pass. Tupa put it up to me, I caught the ball, bobbled it, and ended up dropping it.

That was the first punt of the game. Denver took the ball, scored, and went on to rout us 34-8. That was the game when Shannon Sharpe, the Broncos tight end, was on the phone on the sideline, saying "Bring in the National Guard! We are killing the Patriots!" I felt that loss was my fault. The next day, there was an article in The Boston Globe and a picture of me on the ground that placed blame on that play as the momentum swing.

For the next 10 years, I saved that newspaper article and referenced it throughout my career and told myself I'd never be that guy again. I never was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back