PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Boston Sports Media on Spygate's media coverage disaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bruce just spoke about exactly what should be the topic now-the behavior of the media.
Maybe it's time they started taking a long,hard look at themselves, re-examine themselves as an entity, and just what exactly it is that they represent.
Bruce is right- they've been a disgrace, and that needs to be addressed.:mad:
Great article! NAILS IT!...It says what I've been feeling about this whole thing from the getgo but couldn't put it into words.

Problem is, the media will never be taken to task. There's nothing more important to the media than a story about themselves. Who could do it other than themselves? The sports media is so over-sensitive about anything a player or coach says about them that they always blow things out of proportion. That goes for our locals. Pedro Martinez, Ty Law,... whoever says something about a sportswriter, the entire pack of them jumps down his throat for it and they're branded azzholes for the rest of their time here. Radio, print, TV...they're all so thin-skinned it's unbelievable.

This is completely off topic and I apologize but I'm new to message boards and I wasn't able to find the answer on this site. How many posts do you need before you're allowed to start your own threads?

It's 50

Welcome to the board.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=77604
We have a 50 minimum post restriction in the main forum prior to starting threads to prevent new users from other teams from coming into the main forum and spamming the board with flame threads, etc.
per Ian

Besides the flame prevention, this is a community. Although one can start numerous threads, you'll get a much better reception if you dive right in and participate in the topics of the day.

Interaction, rather than reaction makes the board fun.

Looking forward to 40 great posts.:D

Now, Now FBN.

Let's play nice with others. Just remember ignorance is not the same as stupidity (though often can be confused).

Just because Jared doesn't know there is no post count reqmt; doesnt mean he is an idiot. Let him open his mouth (or work his keyboard) and prove that one way or the other. ;)

Is now. Stickied in new members section.

This is completely off topic and I apologize but I'm new to message boards and I wasn't able to find the answer on this site. How many posts do you need before you're allowed to start your own threads?

Tip:

If a player misses any time in mini or camp, say he's "made of glass".

You could get 40 posts in that one thread.

Trust me on this one.:p

Maybe it's time they started taking a long,hard look at themselves, re-examine themselves as an entity, and just what exactly it is that they represent.

Don't hold your breath while you're waiting for that long-overdue self-exam. The mediots' reaction to TonAss' "apology" tell us all we need to know about their idea of their own culpability. Circling the wagons, protecting their own, and insulting those who may disagree are more important to them than truth, objectivity and humility. This "investigation" was kept alive almost entirely by personal hatred, lack of access and jealosy. But don't hold your breath while you're waiting for that admission, either.

Kudos to Bruce Allen for placing self-respect over self-importance.

Bruce's piece made it on to The Big Lead today..

http://thebiglead.com/?p=5906

Judging from the comments section on The Big Lead, appears that the trend for most people to comment - without even reading anything except the headline - continues. It's apparent that none of the commenters clicked on the link to the Boston Spotys Media Watch article and even read the story.

Last edited:
Request: can all the Patsfans who read the link forward it to other football fans please?

Thanks!

Don't hold your breath while you're waiting for that long-overdue self-exam. The mediots' reaction to TonAss' "apology" tell us all we need to know about their idea of their own culpability. Circling the wagons, protecting their own, and insulting those who may disagree are more important to them than truth, objectivity and humility. This "investigation" was kept alive almost entirely by personal hatred, lack of access and jealosy. But don't hold your breath while you're waiting for that admission, either.

Kudos to Bruce Allen for placing self-respect over self-importance.

Bruce's blog was so perfectly timed and so prefectly said. And you're right-where's the self-respect? Self respect not just from the writers themselves but from journalists everywhere who hold their profession up to some kind of higher standard than what we've all been subjected to for the last 8 months and most pointedly, these last few weeks.
Like i said in another thread, Peter Jennings must be rolling over in his grave.
JMO but every organization, corporation, or powerful entity has got to re- examine itself and flash a badge every once in awhile, in order to sustain continued success.
The media wanted to be the story and now they've gotten their wish. A couple of weeks ago EEI had a caller who said he was a journalism teacher, and that he planned to use the Tomass-e story as a point of discussion regarding ethics, accountability,etc. Maybe in the long run something good will come out of all this.
Another thing that made me think it's way beyond time to give the media a reality check-EEI was discussiong the power of the fans vs the power of the media. They said "WE have the power because WE have the mics and we are the ones who can disconnect your call whenever we want to". He's right of course but wtf. If it wasn't for us you wouldn't have that power to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST