PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Boston Sports Media on Spygate's media coverage disaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoePats

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
http://www.bostonsportsmedia.com/20...aceful-episode-in-recent-sports-media-history

Some great great points but I personally liked the part about the Times:

Greg Bishop, New York Times - You can detect a clear pattern in his stories. Let’s see, a puff piece on Charley Casserly in April leads to a piece in May with a “longtime N.F.L. team executive.” Think they’re not one and the same?

Another puff piece on Michael Levy in March leads to the Times getting the 8 Tapes from Walsh before the NFL did and also an exclusive interview with Matt Walsh.

Why in the world would the New York Times write a piece on Drew Bledsoe? (March 10) Well, on February 22nd, Bishop got a “a former Patriots player” to talk about the Patriots taping signals as far back as 2000. Is it too much of a stretch to consider that Bishop wrote the article on Bledsoe’s wine and coffee business ventures as payola for the info in the Feb 22nd article?

Yeah, I read that earlier today. What an outstanding job breaking the whole thing down and seperating many facts from fiction. It's nice to have a voice who has access to the "inside" and can be critical of the media in an intelligent manner.

One of the best summaries of spygate and the media furor behind it. I wish mediots like King would set aside the hate and just read the article with a clear mind.

but that's just a pipe dream :bricks:

This is completely off topic and I apologize but I'm new to message boards and I wasn't able to find the answer on this site. How many posts do you need before you're allowed to start your own threads?

An excellent read!! Why oh why cannot the other

"reporters" in this town apply even a fraction of the insight this writer has?

Bruce just spoke about exactly what should be the topic now-the behavior of the media.
Maybe it's time they started taking a long,hard look at themselves, re-examine themselves as an entity, and just what exactly it is that they represent.
Bruce is right- they've been a disgrace, and that needs to be addressed.:mad:

It's an excellent piece--his stuff is pretty much always spot-on. I just wish some more visible members of the media would make some of the same points, which are so obvious to so many. But I guess that was part of his point, the media gets so sucked into the vortex of themselves and their access they forget what objectivity is.

Sometimes it hits me how truly crazy it is that so much has been spewed about so very very little. "A minor rules violation" indeed. The mind reels.

Like someone commented the article should be in the hall of fame.

Excellent article, without a doubt the best one written on the subject.

Which unfortunately ensures that it will not be run anywhere outside of New England (it would expose other media outlets for their coverage), and will be dismissed as "homer" journalism when brought to the attention of any fans of other teams.

Bruce just spoke about exactly what should be the topic now-the behavior of the media.
Maybe it's time they started taking a long,hard look at themselves, re-examine themselves as an entity, and just what exactly it is that they represent.
Bruce is right- they've been a disgrace, and that needs to be addressed.:mad:

how dare you criticize such an honorable profession. Journalism is this countries back bone....the right to free speech.

Problem is these people feel there right to free speech has freed them from what used to be a very ethical profession.

I can't say it enough the scariest thing about this is these guys cover sports and can't get it right how bad do you think journalists who cover meaningful topics screw things up?

Last edited:
Thanks for the link! FANTASTIC article!!:rocker:

I am emailing that link to all the football fans that I know.

Hope other Patsfans also do it so that we can try to educate the non-Pats fans on the reality instead of allowing them to get misled by the vicious slander masquerading in the form of 'opinions' and 'columns' by many in the sports media.

Last edited:
email this to florio. lets see what he says.

Splendid !

Boston Sports Media Watch here lives up perfectly
to its name and mission.
SOMEONE needs to try to keep those guys honest.

NY media doesn't like BB because he left Jet for Pats. Herald spygate coverage is worse compared to other.

Well thank God SOMEONE gets it.

My heartfelt compliments to Bruce at BSMW for having the stones to write about the lack of truthful reporting.

Finally someone takes the issue to those in the media who have poisoned their reporting with their internal bias against the Patriots. The overwhelming majority of sports reporters/commentators/analysts have misrepresented the truth and NOT looked very far for facts. Likewise, they have NOT verified allegation(s) in many instances. The reasons seem unclear as to why they would behave so duplicitously. If one were to do this in many professions it would lead to disciplinary action, but these self-aggrandizing holier-than-thou reporters have looked us right in the eyes as they stabbed us in the back with their resolved incompetence, outright lies, and innuendo.

If they were to hit us hard with only the facts, that would be fair reporting. To pile on with the late and dirty hits is dirty play.

If it hasn't been suggested, I would like to see the link to this story in the Cameragate section.

This is completely off topic and I apologize but I'm new to message boards and I wasn't able to find the answer on this site. How many posts do you need before you're allowed to start your own threads?

Last edited:
Now, Now FBN.

Let's play nice with others. Just remember ignorance is not the same as stupidity (though often can be confused).

Just because Jared doesn't know there is no post count reqmt; doesnt mean he is an idiot. Let him open his mouth (or work his keyboard) and prove that one way or the other. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back