PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Boston Globe Reluctantly (And Very Bitterly) Waves The White Flag of Surrender

Status
Not open for further replies.
First, I appreciate your declaration of love, undeserved as it may be. Second, your assumption in regard to my gender is as presumptuous as your assessment of the accuracy of my comment. Third, some positions are so blatantly full of irresponsible generalizations so as to not be deserving of detailed rebuttals. Finally, your claim that I'm a politician is far enough off the mark to pretty much invalidate everything you wrote before it.

Anyone reading that post can only conclude that you indeed ARE a politician. :D

And I would offer that Baltimore is a very beatable team this year.

I'm not as worried about losing to them as many others are.

I'm worried about the Murderers putting Brady on the IR, with no possibility of return.

Anyone reading that post can only conclude that you indeed ARE a politician. :D
If only it were true. I'd have a $hytload more money...

So....... let's hear where I'm wrong, then. I'm all atwitter and duck bumps to listen to your talking points vis-a-vis "The Globe".

I stand by my comments that the Boston Globe is more or less the "Cliff Notes" version of the NYT, with some local sprinklings to give it a veneer of the vulgate, and alert the visiting elite to the concerns of their provinicial hosts and hoi paloi about town.
......huh?

.....or how about just acknowledging that Bob Kraft (who was grudgingly mentioned once in the column) has, in less than 20 years, achieved the once-unthinkable - - a privately funded state of the art stadium with a mini city around it in an outback town, while turning the region's long-held sports culture on its head. There is only one owner in the history of Boston/NE sports to come close to what this man has achieved and his name was Walter Brown.

Of course, in Ryan's (and the Globe's) mind, Gillette Stadium and Patriot Place were built by Bill Parcells, who also is responsible for the 3 Super Bowl Championships. That, and the Red Sox simply abdicated. Nothing achieved by the Patriots - - in fact, if they go 13-3 this year it is because they are playing nobody.

Here are word-for word excerpts from this "column":

"But then something happened, and that something was the hiring of the larger-than-life Bill Parcells by owner James Busch Chatsworth Osborne Orthwein."

"Well, he did come, and you can trace everything that’s going on today, from the presence of Bill Belichick, a Parcells acolyte, to the good fortune of having Tom Brady as the quarterback, to the very existence of Gillette Stadium itself, back to the hiring of Bill Parcells."

"The New England Patriots simply awoke on the morning of Aug. 26 and the town was officially theirs."

***And, now, here is the ending of this "Enjoy the rest of your lives, losers, I'm out" column by the fellow we thought had retired weeks ago:

"If any of us dwell on the reality that it is a semi-barbaric game that wrecks bodies, has the capacity to cause major brain injury, and speaks to our basest instincts, we do so only briefly, rationalizing negative thoughts away with the idea that, “Hey, these guys know the risks, and they are very happy to take them.”

You know how they love to make fun of us out there in the Great Beyond. We’re the weirdos who voted for McGovern, and who gave you Dukakis and Kerry (Mitt, we borrowed). Well, now we’re voting for football. That should make us legit.

By the way, it’s a 13-3 schedule, with only one of the on-paper tough games (Baltimore) on the road."

Talk about the bitter words of a jilted girlfriend!

I'll never forget Ryan literally spitting when talking about the Tuck rule, during an "NFL's Greatest Games" segment IIRC. Eff him & the rest of the bow-tied baseball bum-kissers of Morrissey Boulevard.

I'll never forget Ryan literally spitting when talking about the Tuck rule, during an "NFL's Greatest Games" segment IIRC. Eff him & the rest of the bow-tied baseball bum-kissers of Morrissey Boulevard.
The Tuck Rule game did piss him off big time. He's also never missed an opportunity to perseverate over spygate (God, I hate that word.)

Mazz etc. are nothing but pathetic fanboys.

Yeah...I think Squeeky from 98.5 talks trash about the Pats in desperate hopes of keeping his sohx and the overgrown infants that play for them relevant. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back