PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Book Signing Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all --

Chris is probably far too modest to post it here, but "The Blueprint" was reviewed in the New York Times yesterday, and it was a pretty positive review.

I'm sure you'll join me in sending along congrats!

smy

We're going to get another handful between Thanksgiving and Christmas, with (hopefully) more of them being in the Greater Boston area. We're also really close on a signing and talk at a bookstore on the North Shore for next Friday (Nov. 16). I'll add it to the list when/if it comes through!

I've already met so many of you at signings and appearances, and it's been such a great experience sitting and talking football with all of you guys. Thanks so much!

Chris you should try the Borders on Washington st. Always a big crowd for signings plus I can walk over at lunch:)

SMY, you are the best....

Wanted to give everyone a heads up. I posted it on the blog, but we have just added a pair of signings:

Friday, November 16
Jabberwocky Bookshop at the Tannery
50 Water Street
Newburyport, Mass.
978-465-9359
7-9 p.m.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Borders Books
511 Boylston Street
Boston, Mass.
617-236-1444
6-8 p.m.

More to come--
CP

Chris, this is great news and here's hoping it becomes national interest, as the Pats seem to be cooperating! Best part is that after reading many of your articles via links from this forum, I get a complete book right in time for the holidays.

For those looking for excerpts, you can get that right on the amazon.com website under "Search Inside." It provides front and back covers, table of contents, and sample excerpts:
http://www.amazon.com/Blueprint-Eng...6093468?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1186634998&sr=1-1

Question about the title: While I understand its only intended to be an analogy, did you hesitate to use the word "blueprint"?

By definition a blueprint is really a reproduction or copy and not the original and obviously what the Patriots have done is not based on someone else's previous design. This week especially we hear about the Eagles "blueprint" for competing with the Pats but really it should be referred to as a gameplan, strategy, formula or design.

Just to be clear, I am not intending to be critical here, just curious about what goes into deciding on a title. It is a catchy title so if that's the primary reason that word was used I would say that is reason enough.

Thanks

You should try and set one up at the Borders in Methuen. I believe you would get a good turn out. I'd be there.

Just picked this up at the downtown Indy Borders on my lu nch break............it was the last copy there. I'm not sure how many they had to begin with, but it's now sold out. Can't wait to start reading, actually I might leave work early and get a head start.

I just read this book and really enjoyed it. It brought back a lot of memories of the good (and not so good!) old days

Just picked up my copy at Borders in Marlboro, (was hoping for a copy for christmas but to no avail!!!), can't wait to get into it! I've always enjoyed your writing Cris, I'm sure I won't be disapointed.

blueprint

noun
1. something intended as a guide for making something else; "a blueprint for a house"; "a pattern for a skirt"
2. photographic print of plans or technical drawings etc.

verb
1. make a blueprint of

I just got the book for Christmas. I can't wait to crack it open!

any signings in maine? they are the NEW ENGLAND patriots, after all!

any signings in maine? they are the NEW ENGLAND patriots, after all!

I had one at the Borders in Portland earlier this fall, although I'm hoping to get up there again sometime in the next month or so. Stay tuned. I am, however, at Borders in the Back Bay in Boston (man, that's a lotta B's) Tuesday night from 6 to 8. The store is located at 511 Boylston, and can be reached at (617) 236-1444.

Finished the book Cris and it was great!! I had a hard time putting it down. Especially like the foreground of early Pats, as it brought back a lot of memories!! Thanks!

Finished the book Cris and it was great!! I had a hard time putting it down. Especially like the foreground of early Pats, as it brought back a lot of memories!! Thanks!

PatsChick87,

I really appreciate the kind words--it really does mean a lot to me. Tried to get in as much of the early years as possible--hope that gave people some idea (really, non-Patriots fans) of how far they came since the days of Billy Sullivan, Chuck Gladieux and Foxboro Stadium.

Thanks again!
Chris

Any book signings??? just curious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes