PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bold Statement: 2014 receiving corps is the best in franchise history

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is your level of reading comprehension that poor? Where did I say this receiving corps is better because we don't have a deep threat?
My reading comprehension is fine. Yours needs a little work. :rolleyes:

I just told you that the 07 receiving corp was effective on every single level and which players they attacked them with. That means they are more complete receiving corp. Can't fault them because the oline gave one of the worst blocking performances in super bowl history, as I've said for the 100th time.

We may not have anyone on Moss's level in terms of attacking deep, but Gronk is our "deep threat." It's better because it can excel at times even when protection breaks down which allows Brady to get the ball out almost immediately.
No that's not better deep threat situation than having the greatest deep threat ever on your team and also possibly the fastest receiver on the league on your team.

And a lot of times, especially in the clutch, those plays result in large YAC.

You mean like Wes and Kevin Faulk would do all the time? You do remember them, right?

This year's receiving corps made plays even when pass protection failed.

This years oline also didnt have as bad as a performance in the postseason as the 07's squad did in the super bowl.

You're trying to compare apples to oranges and pass them off as fact.
You're blaming the 07 receiving corp for having an injured quarterback and an oline that let said quarterback get massacred.
You're so delusional that you're gonna somehow disregard every fact that was made and make some absolutely stupid argument.

You're too far gone. Don't reply to me.

I'm just gonna ride my victory into the sunset, knowing that the only person that agrees with you is you.

Toodaloo :rolleyes:

My reading comprehension is fine. Yours needs a little work. :rolleyes:

I just told you that the 07 receiving corp was effective on every single level and which players they attacked them with. That means they are more complete receiving corp. Can't fault them because the oline gave one of the worst blocking performances in super bowl history, as I've said for the 100th time.

No that's not better deep threat situation than having the greatest deep threat ever on your team and also possibly the fastest receiver on the league on your team.

You mean like Wes and Kevin Faulk would do all the time? You do remember them, right?

This years oline also didnt have as bad as a performance in the postseason as the 07's squad did in the super bowl.

You're trying to compare apples to oranges and pass them off as fact.
You're blaming the 07 receiving corp for having an injured quarterback and an oline that let said quarterback get massacred.
You're so delusional that you're gonna somehow disregard every fact that was made and make some absolutely stupid argument.

You're too far gone. Don't reply to me.

I'm just gonna ride my victory into the sunset, knowing that the only person that agrees with you is you.

Toodaloo :rolleyes:

The Oline this year looked good in large part due to the quick passes. Oline was a concern for a lot of people going into the postseason and then into the AFCCG after the loss of Stork, and many people know that Oline is an area that still needs improvement. I guess you'll ignore the multiple times this year where the receivers made plays even when the pass protection broke down.

The passing game in 2007 was in a downtrend towards the end of the season. Before Brady's injury. They still produced some good results but it had already started slowing down. Brady's injury occurred in the 3rd quarter of the AFCCG, but the passing game was pretty anemic in that game prior to that point. And Brady wasnt even limping leading up to the game. So no, the injury wasn't to blame for the poor performance of that receiving corps in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3