PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Blog: Q+A with John Hannah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher_Price

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Hey everyone ... I recently had the chance to chat with Patriots' Hall of Famer John Hannah, who was honored this past week by the New England Sports Museum. Here's a quick look at the Q+A with the man who I firmly believe to not only be the finest offensive lineman in the history of the game, but the greatest player in the history of the franchise.

http://www.patsfans.com/price/blog/?q=node/332

Thanks,
Chris

P.S. Let the debate begin!

Last edited:
Great Job, Chris! I heard rumors Hannah was planning on getting involved with coaching at a high level, nfl or college. Did he happen to touch on that subject, or have you heard something along those lines?

PonyExpress said:
Great Job, Chris! I heard rumors Hannah was planning on getting involved with coaching at a high level, nfl or college. Did he happen to touch on that subject, or have you heard something along those lines?

Don't think so. He and his family are in the process of moving from Tennessee to Alabama, but he didn't say it was for a coaching job.

I heard he wasn't that good.:rolleyes:

He was the coach of Somerville High a few years ago. Alot of people got pissed at him because he was so hard on players.

Willie55 said:
He was the coach of Somerville High a few years ago. Alot of people got pissed at him because he was so hard on players.

After the Super Bowl season he retired and had both shoulders and his knee operated on.

Players like that sometimes have trouble understanding guys that don't play til they're exhausted.

And I'll guarantee I don't want to play under a coach like that.

I ain't no John Hannah.:D

Interesting Q&A. Good to hear from one of the Pat's all time great players. He is one of the most deserving people to get recognition for his deeds.

Last edited:
RayClay said:
After the Super Bowl season he retired and had both shoulders and his knee operated on.

Players like that sometimes have trouble understanding guys that don't play til they're exhausted.

That's why a lot of stars don't make good head coaches -- they can only identify with a certain mindset. See Ted Williams.

Christopher_Price said:
That's why a lot of stars don't make good head coaches -- they can only identify with a certain mindset. See Ted Williams.
A lot of people thought Bird would be like that...but I agree..those totally dedicated and out there just do NOT understand...and yet coaches like BB want and demand it and??? Maybe it's the player to caoch transition that doesn't always make it.. Actually the great player who makes a great coach..is a REAL rarity...

Last edited:
When you're talking levels of toughness like Butkus, Hannah, Nietzsche etc. I don't think anyone in the game today compares.

Size speed and athletic talent are all better, but these guys were just scary.

RayClay said:
I heard he wasn't that good.:rolleyes:

You didn't hear it from me. I've never said "Hannah wasn't that good". Just overrhyped. :cool:

nice jobe Christopher ! always nice to hear from the 'old' Patriots players.

Christopher_Price said:
Hey everyone ... I recently had the chance to chat with Patriots' Hall of Famer John Hannah, who was honored this past week by the New England Sports Museum. Here's a quick look at the Q+A with the man who I firmly believe to not only be the finest offensive lineman in the history of the game, but the greatest player in the history of the franchise.

http://www.patsfans.com/price/blog/?q=node/332

Thanks,
Chris

P.S. Let the debate begin!

I was responding to this post by one of our columnists.

That's pretty good hype there. Sounds like you're talking doublespeak.

Brady-To-Branch said:
You didn't hear it from me. I've never said "Hannah wasn't that good". Just overrhyped. :cool:

If you don't like that hype, you're saying he's not that good.

Can't have it both ways.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
RayClay said:
I was responding to this post by one of our columnists.

That's pretty good hype there. Sounds like you're talking doublespeak.

If you don't like that hype, you're saying he's not that good.

Can't have it both ways.:rolleyes:

Whatever :rolleyes:

I appreciate the mixture of pride (sense of accomplishment) and modesty (not exaggerating his own -- very considerable -- achievements at the expense of others). Admirable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News