PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Blog: Friday Injury Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reiss: Faulk Injured (Injury Report)

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

October 20, 2006
Davis, Faulk added

The Patriots added two players to their injury report today, with linebacker Don Davis (lower leg) and running back Kevin Faulk (ankle) now questionable for Sunday's game in Buffalo. That gives both players, who were present at the start of practice but were reported to have missed at least a portion of team drills, a 50-50 chance of playing.

The rest of the team's injury report remained the same.

Sorry Chris, your post wasn't there when I added my link to Reiss. Thought you were snoozing today. ;)

Davis and Faulk added? What the hell were they doing down there during hte bye week?

PATSNUTme said:
Davis and Faulk added? What the hell were they doing down there during hte bye week?

:p I'm sure they were injured in practice. I'm hoping they aren't that bad... Faulk in particular. He's important now more than ever in the passing game.

Re: Reiss: Faulk Injured (Injury Report)

Can a mod please merge this with Chris's injury report?

Eugene Wilson will play?Ellis Hobbs Will play? I'm worried for these

Hopefully Faulk plays, we need him active this week.

F0nSY said:
Eugene Wilson will play?Ellis Hobbs Will play? I'm worried for these
Hobbs will play, though he may be limited to platooning at FS with Hawkins and playing nickelback, like he did against Miami.

Some good reads Chris, I especially liked this little item from the Tipsheet link:
Pats rarely see red: The New England defense is not dramatically better than Buffalo when it comes to stopping opponents from scoring touchdowns in the red zone. The Patriots are allowing touchdowns 50 percent of the time, while the Bills surrender six points 58.8 percent of the time. The big difference however, comes in the number of red zone opportunities given to their respective opponents. While Buffalo has allowed 17 red zone penetrations on the season, New England has allowed just six, which is the fewest in the league.

Brownfan80 said:
Sorry Chris, your post wasn't there when I added my link to Reiss. Thought you were snoozing today. ;)

No sweat. The site has been a slittle slow lately...

Pats rarely see red: The New England defense is not dramatically better than Buffalo when it comes to stopping opponents from scoring touchdowns in the red zone. The Patriots are allowing touchdowns 50 percent of the time, while the Bills surrender six points 58.8 percent of the time. The big difference however, comes in the number of red zone opportunities given to their respective opponents. While Buffalo has allowed 17 red zone penetrations on the season, New England has allowed just six, which is the fewest in the league.

Wow, what a great example of how it's possible to present stats out of context to prove a point you want to make.

A. "The Pats defense sucks! They have given up a TD fully half the time in the red zone this season!"

B. "The Pats defense rules! They have allowed only three red zone TDs this entire season!"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes