PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bleacher Report Mock - 1/5/10

Seneschal2

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
2010 NFL Mock Draft: The Playoffs and Draft Order Are Set | Bleacher Report

With most of the 2010 NFL Draft order set, mock drafts finally start to become relevant. While we aren't sure exactly which underclassmen are in—some have declared—the 2010 NFL Draft is looking like one of the most talented ever.
---

Here's some picks of interest:

5. Kansas City ChiefsRolando McClain, LB, Alabama

8. Oakland RaidersCarlos Dunlap, DE, Florida

21. New York JetsTerrence Cody, DT, Alabama

25. New England PatriotsSergio Kindle, DE/OLB, Texas

Obviously it's way too early to expect any accuracy from mocks until all of the draft eligible prospects are properly ranked. But it's still interesting to envision scenarios of who may be available at #25...and who the Pats would move up for...

I'm not sure I like the Kindle pick. I'm not clear that he's strong enough to set the edge for us.

They have OT Brian Bulaga going #26, one pick after Kindle. I'd have to give Bulaga some thought if he's still on the board, as a fabulous RT prospect to pair with Vollmer down the road. And DE Cameron Heyward isn't listed in this mock - he would also be an option if he were available. Otherwise, I could see BB trading back, as there's no clear value at the spot.

Frau
10068-21781.gif
Report - meh.

1. St. Louis Rams—Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska

2. Detroit Lions—Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State

I agree with the choices for the top two picks, and the reasons for selecting them. I don't know if both franchises will go that route, but I hope that they do for their sake. Especially, in regards to Detroit...

If Sergio Kindle is available, and he's anything comparable to Brian Orakpo as a rookie, select him if a team doesn't trade up. Other choices could be Greg Hardy or Corey Wootton.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back