PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bills fans are already in gallows humor mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bills fans I know are great, true fans. However when Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Bruce Smith et al were in their heyday our Pats blew. The Bills took no prisoners back then and we shouldn't now. No pity from here. Sorry folks.

Yeah, it was easy to hate those Bills teams. And probably easier to hate today's Pats teams, 'cause they're better. :D

I don't know which would be worse for a Bills fan, an absolute blowout, or a game the Bills play their hearts out and lose by a point. With the blowout, at least they know the game is over after 2 minutes and don't need to subject themselves to the torture of watching the game. With a close one, however, they will have to be on the verge of panic for 2+ hours only to suffer utter disappointment as they lose in the final minutes.

Last edited:
I don't know which would be worse for a Bills fan, an absolute blowout, or a game the Bills play their hearts out and lose by a point.

You maen the way the Patriots used to play? The old school teams used to have a gameplan that went:

1.) Run up the score early
2.) Fall behind in the second half
3.) Rally late
4.) Fall short

Watching some of those Patriots games was like having an entire Red Sox season compressed into one football game. My wife asked me once why I drank so much. I'd tell her because it helped me blank out the second half.

Seriously, I agree with other posters, Long time Pats fans know exactly what the Bills fand are feeling like. However, we also remember how merciless they were in their glory days as well.

I can feel for the Bills fans, but the problems there are self-inflicted. They definately need new blood in ownership and management.

Respects,

Exactly what I was going to say. I lived there during the Richard McPherson, Sam Jankovich, Hugh Millen years. They were without mercy, and arrogant pr!cks too, especially the women.

Funny thing was, as bad as we were we generally split the season series.
Totally agree! It's hard to dislike the Bills, but it's also hard to root for them after the opportunities they had! My very screen name comes from a drinking game me and my college buddies invented every time Irving Fryar signaled a fair catch. One time during a Bills game, he had five fair catches(all coming off of kick-offs of course:bricks: ), this caused me to do five shots of Wild Turkey and $50!!

Hey 1976Pats I couldn't agree more with you. No prisoners, no pity.

I remember when the visitors side of the field was 50% Bills fans. Not good times.

this caused me to do five shots of Wild Turkey and $50!!

I used to call this brunch....except the bartender was a friend of mine, so it was five bucks.

Sounds like a fun game.

There were a number of years where the Bills stomped us, but for some reason, I've never been able to really dislike the Bills the way I do the Jets or Dolphins.

Maybe it's pity -- they live in Buffalo.

Maybe I just hate all NY teams and the Fins had Dan Marino, sissy colors, the champagne thing after they went undefeated against weak competition, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for a 40-10 stomping.

I wouldn't mind this one either though the wife might object.

Yes, honey, I did cheat on you. Exactly 60 times in fact, but if it helps, the entire thing only took 12 minutes from start to finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back