Welcome to PatsFans.com

Bills fans are already in gallows humor mode

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by patchick, Sep 19, 2007.

1. patchick

patchick Moderatrix Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +780 / 8 / -1

#11 Jersey

Two games into the season, Bills fans seem pretty morose. I feel for them -- they're generally good football fans up there, and any longtime Pats fan knows the feeling of the season looming like a long march. Anyway...

Over at the Stadium Wall Bills messageboard, some intrepid soul posted a thread "Wouldn't it be great if we won on Sunday." Some choice responses from fellow Bills fans...

We'd all be passed out comatose in utter disbelief and there would be no one here but the crickets.

It would also be great if all the Playboy playmates from the past 5 years formed a line outside my front door

it would be great if I crapped Gold ingots

the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong- but that's the way to bet

Edit: note that i had to trim the quotes significantly, as this is a family publication. ;)
    http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=69946&st=0
  2. PatsRI

PatsRI PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I wouldn't mind this one either though the wife might object.
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2007
  3. PonyExpress

PonyExpress Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

Bills fans are great fans and I honestly feel bad for them. They live and die with that team. The best thing for them would be new ownership willing to stay in NY State but modernize operations. They are like a mom and pop store surrounded by supermarkets.
  4. FarScapeR

FarScapeR Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Awww... we should go cheer them up.
  5. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +662 / 5 / -14

#61 Jersey

As I recall they gave us quite a struggle here last year. I think it might be prudent not to get too overconfident -- they have a good running back and wide receivers who can stretch the field. (Wow, I'm trying to sound level-headed here but am having a hard time convincing myself that Buffalo can make a game of it ... )
  6. dryheat44

dryheat44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +78 / 2 / -0

#75 Jersey

Great thread (the Bills...this one is just good). I'm a huge Angelina fan.
  7. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

I actually live in the heart of Bill's country and I can tell you, they are in a state of depression right now that is pretty deep. Actually, it kinda helped me a lot this week during the whole tapegate thing. They are actually so depressed by their team, I got almost no crap from them about it. One or two half-hearted attempts, but that's all. In fact, I've had more then a few "Jesus, why the F don't we start videotaping so our defense might have a clue.", and I had one guy said "I wish I'd been born in ME (where I was), so I'd have grown up a Pats too" fan. Serious, I lived here 30 years, and I've not seen this this level of depression so early EVAH.............

As for this week, Its so weird.......... All my Bills buddies are like "we're gonna get creamed like 80-0". I honestly feel SO BAD FOR THEM, I find myself saying silly stuff like, "Come on, It might be close, the Bills always play us tough" :rolleyes: "

Usually I revel in the destruction of the Bills, but this year it's almost gonna feel like kicking an already down mule. Oh well, I'll get over it :singing:
  8. Bella*chick

Bella*chick Addicted to the light

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

LOL, those poor guys. I like how you showed a little compassion. That's really nice. Won't make a difference for them on Sunday though.
  9. Grizzafted

Grizzafted Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

If we ever get dethroned I hope it's by the Bills and not the Jets or Phins.
  10. upstater1

upstater1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +43 / 4 / -3

Judicious use of the word 'might.' But you never know, she might give you a pass. This sort of thing doesn't happen everyday.
  11. checkedout

checkedout Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Whats wrong with her?! Doesn't she know that sort of thing doesn't happen all that often?
  12. upstater1

upstater1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +43 / 4 / -3

I think they are long past depressed. The Sabres fill a huge hole in this town's sports-mania. Even now, you listen to the radio, it's all Sabres.

They have turned on Losman. I feel bad for the guy. He really is a likable guy. I wanted him to have at least a margin of success so he could stick around Buffalo and be appreciated for the work he's done around here.
  13. mtbykr

mtbykr Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#37 Jersey

The best thing i ever saw was a poster at the game in buffalo that said something like "mr kraft, please buy our team"
  14. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,204 / 15 / -11

Disable Jersey

Problem is that the 2007 Losman has regressed to the 2005 Loserman. Not good. Their young #2 QB is the son of my next door neighbor's co-pilot.
  15. marty

marty Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Pre Kraft era is not so far from my memory that I don't feel for the Bill fans.
  16. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,156 / 52 / -64

Disable Jersey

If you've got 5 years worth of Playboy Playmates at your door, are you really going to care what your wife says?
  17. psychoPat

psychoPat Role Player PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Bills are my second-fave AFC team. Still, driving thru Bills country Sunday afternoon and catching their game on the radio,
    i was bemused at the never-say-die announcer extolling their "explosive offense!"
    ... which to that point (early 3rd) had produced 50-some yards and 3 points.

Those very likable fans must feel something like
    the Republican Guard when the 7th Corps came to town.
  18. 1976pats

1976pats Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

:ditto:

Bills fans I know are great, true fans. However when Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Bruce Smith et al were in their heyday our Pats blew. The Bills took no prisoners back then and we shouldn't now. No pity from here. Sorry folks.
  19. dryheat44

dryheat44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +78 / 2 / -0

#75 Jersey

Exactly what I was going to say. I lived there during the Richard McPherson, Sam Jankovich, Hugh Millen years. They were without mercy, and arrogant pr!cks too, especially the women.

Funny thing was, as bad as we were we generally split the season series.
  20. dryheat44

dryheat44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +78 / 2 / -0

#75 Jersey

If that's a case, it promises to be a long, dark, winter of discontent in western New York. Put the city on suicide watch.