Beating the Colts costs the Jets a 2nd rounder

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeTedWilliams

RIP NEM
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Now that the Jets have made the divisional round they hit the escalator for the Cromartie trade. SInce Cromartie played in more than 80% of the defensive snaps AND the Jets made the divisional round, they MUST now fork over a 2nd round pick for Cromartie (who is going to be a free agent, like Homes, and Edwards). The Jets still have their other 6 picks plus and extra 7th round pick (from the Cardinals), but a 2nd rounder for a guy who can walk after one year (and who CLEARLY needs the money).

ps, Miami also traded away their 2nd round pick this year (to Denver for Brandon Marshall) and 6th round picks.

Last edited:
it's funny, how , even in death, former charger players still find a way to murder the colts

(drew brees, tomlinson, cromartie)

nice post ... yes ... that loss of the second rounder is going to hurt unless we can sign him.

I hope we sign Cromartie/Edwards and Holmes. But its doubtful we can keep em.

Unless LT wants peanuts .. we need to cut him free as well .. although he has been clutch for us.

Based on the consistent approach of the Tannenbaum era, I don't think the Jets really have picks in rounds 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 7. More like a slightly higher 1st, a 2nd, and a 6th.

Based on the consistent approach of the Tannenbaum era, I don't think the Jets really have picks in rounds 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 7. More like a slightly higher 1st, a 2nd, and a 6th.

Yeah, I think we can set the over/under on actual draft picks used at 3.5.

it's funny, how , even in death, former charger players still find a way to murder the colts

(drew brees, tomlinson, cromartie)

Very good point. I guess everything Chargers just own everything Colts :D

Not in this draft. Outside of the top 80 or so, the talent dropoff is extreme. Their 3rd and 4th round picks have relatively marginal value...and almost no value when trying to move into the top 2 rounds of this draft. Their remaining picks are nearly worthless except for taking flyers...which is why Belichick has been shedding his late round selections (4th-Branch, 6th-Maroney, 7th-Ojinnaka, ???-Page).

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News