PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB hates the Jest and I like him more than ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
BB is the best ever. All time greatest coach. Someone who shares my passion for hating the Jets is a friend of mine.

He has spoken often of his fondness for the Giants organization

Oh I know, but I just thought it was interesting to mention teams like the Lions and Broncos and not the Giants. I'm sure there's a fondness for his time there, but I wonder if recent events (SB and regular season losses) have soured him on the brand just a little.

Attachments

• napkin.jpg
    napkin.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 145
Usually, I don't like it when someone kicks another person or team when they are down.........

........not THIS time! :D

I knew this thread would be here and planned to visit it first with the express intention to 5 star it :D I'm so transparent :D

I didn't think I could admire the man anymore than I do, but this just sets him a little higher. Coach Belichick is a human and that means he has his share of faults, but this isn't one of them. :D

In fact, it mirrors my own distaste for the NYFJ. I've been a Pats fan since they drafted Plunkett. In all those years, through all the up and the many downs, no matter the final W/L record, I ALWAYS considered the season a success if they beat the JESTS. Beat them, and anything else is gravy. :rocker:

I would love to hear more about it. What caused BB to hate the Jets even before spygate? Is it Woody Johnson specifically? If not, then why?

Steve Guttman for one. I would guess others in the organization as well at the time. I don't think he has it in for the 'team' as much as he does the off the field folks. I worked in a couple of places where I loathed the management but loved the work and most of my fellow employees. I suspect it was more this than anything.

Apparently, some who were there said he was joking. I wish there was video or audio. Can't find any though.

In fact, it mirrors my own distaste for the NYFJ. I've been a Pats fan since they drafted Plunkett. In all those years, through all the up and the many downs, no matter the final W/L record, I ALWAYS considered the season a success if they beat the JESTS. Beat them, and anything else is gravy. :rocker:

Interesting parallel, aside from our fandom arrival times (I'm an '85er). I call them the SFJ :cool: and my definition of a successful season has long been 2-14, just so long as those 2 are the right wins ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe