Not open for further replies.

MRBLAZE

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
27k9kp29eefe26324ksq.jpg

Riddell Proline Authentic Football Helmet : $269.99

wir0tciybcjimyxxnxp5.jpg

Riddell Deluxe Replica Football Helmet : $109.99

Does the replica really look tacky or is the price difference basically fluff? Anyone have any display rooms with some memorabilia or just gear? I have some autographed balls and framed jerseys, looking to add more gear now that the kid is getting older and more interested in sports..

I would just like to put the helmet in a display case.

blaze,

I've seen both types and the top on is basically a real football helmet it's just smaller. The bottom one i think is made of plastic and the face mask isn't real either.

Well, unless you let the kid (or you) put it on and run around the living room with it, neither will be much fun...

There is a tangible difference in shine/weight/details, etc., but unless you compare them side-by-side, most wouldn't tell the difference.

Last edited:
I got the replica for around $80 on Ebay. It's much lighter and there are details that are not authentic if you know what you are looking for (chinstrap, interior, etc) but to sit in a display case, it is just fine.

The shell and facemask of the helmet look pretty good.

I have the replica one autographed by Bruschi and I think it looks good in the case, I'll post a picture if you want when I get home from work, but like someone else said, unless they're side by side, I think a replica would be fine. If you already have an authentic though, I'd stick w/those. Let me know if you want to see what it looks like in a nice case.

I have the replica one autographed by Bruschi and I think it looks good in the case, I'll post a picture if you want when I get home from work, but like someone else said, unless they're side by side, I think a replica would be fine. If you already have an authentic though, I'd stick w/those. Let me know if you want to see what it looks like in a nice case.
Yeah man that would be cool.

If you shop it around you can get the replica for about $80 (plus S&H) which is only a third of an authentic. Then again if you could get some big name autographs you might want to have the real deal.

No offense RayClay, but I'd forgotten just how ugly the Pats old uniforms were. Seriously, a cartoon character on the side of the helmet??? Simply atrocious!!!

On the other hand, I love old school memorabilia, so good on ya! Must have been a fan for quite some time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe