PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

At the Half: Red Sox chances of making the playoffs

If they can stay in the hunt, like 2-4 games back for the wild card and get the players back then they will have a good chance and I think will actually take the wild card. Taking it further, they will go to the world series.
wow you bleed blue? you should get that checked.

We're starting to get too far back and are dropping games to very average sides.

Great pitching performances being wasted.

Offense currently sucking.

I guess if there is any positive to this is all the guys that we will be getting back are hitters....What I read this morning said that V-Mart will start tonight barring any last minute setbacks at game time....

Getting pretty hard to keep the faith. The Rays are on fire (Garza just threw a no-no) and the Sox are dropping like a rock.

Getting pretty hard to keep the faith. The Rays are on fire (Garza just threw a no-no) and the Sox are dropping like a rock.

If there is any good news....Our pitching has been pretty darn good the last few weeks and it's our hitting that's letting us down....Well the injured players coming back are hitters so hopefully that will spark us....V-mart had a solid game for his first game back and when Pedroia gets back and hopefully ellsbury we will be ok.....Hopefully we aren't too far out by that time....

Pitching continues to be spectacular.

Pitching continues to be spectacular.
The Red Sox starting pitching has been magnificent of late. Hopefully that can continue whilst our injured returning stars get back into the line up.

I'd like one more reliable pitcher in the rotation and perhaps a power hitting outfielder if we could.

Sill intrested in Scott Downs?Because...

Buster Olney tweets: "and Scott Downs mysteriously leaves the Jays bullpen in tonights game, shortly after waving to season ticket holders . . ."

I haven't read anything about this yet but I am going to guess that since Victorino got hurt and it's an oblique injury that Werth is off the market now...I was hoping we could pull the trigger on a deal for him....

This.

I have no idea why Hermida and Patterson continue to get time in the outfield while Nava and McDonald are much better players (They're not good, but they're much better)

LLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG way to go!

For example, I'm from North Texas, and the Texas Rangers almost always go into a nosedive from Aug-on. Yeah, they're playing great now, but again, just wait until Aug hits.

Mike Cameron + Bill Hall were inspired signings. Seriously Theo.

I'm not sure Tito is managing that well at the moment. His Midas touch seems to have deserted him for the meantime.

Last edited:

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back