PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Arrington to FA

Status
Not open for further replies.

tatepatsfan

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2355921

Assuming a new deal has been reached and the Pats have all this extra cap room, do you think we'd be interested? He is one heck of a player. He'd be expensive but if the cap is 105 million or whatever it is going to be if they do actually agree to 59,5 percent, we would have the room to add him. And BB loves his LBs, and hasn't necessarily shied away in FA (i.e. Colvin). What do you all think?

I think Arrington might just be one of the dumbest players in the league. He is in no way ready for a BB defense, and it'll never happen.

I think Arrington will go dor the money esp paying back so much to the Skins..Might not be a great fit at..Doesn't seem like a Patriot move..but will never know..

Two things working against Arrington to the Pats

1. He was in Gibbs doghouse for not playing "team defense" and ignoring his assignments and improvising. Which if it works, you make a big play, and if it doesn't work, you give up the big play.

2. I'm pretty sure he is a Poston client.

With those two things, I doubt the Pats would even give him a call.

FreeTedWilliams said:
Two things working against Arrington to the Pats

1. He was in Gibbs doghouse for not playing "team defense" and ignoring his assignments and improvising. Which if it works, you make a big play, and if it doesn't work, you give up the big play.

2. I'm pretty sure he is a Poston client.

With those two things, I doubt the Pats would even give him a call.

You hit right on the two points I was going to say.. Only change I make is with Gibbs and replace with Greg Williams. Williams runs a very structure defense that requires players to fill a role. Arrington likes to roam around..

I rather see Edge in here (I know that isn't going to happen but a boy can dream :) )

One thing to remember: Arrington's game is tailored after LT's (excuse the pun) and BB worked with LT. So, I would agree with the critiques of Arrington's game but I wouldn't say this is beyond all possibility. I continue to believe that Arrington has not been let loose yet. The guy is a freak of nature. He's faster than most of the RBs in the league.

People made very similar claims to Dillon before he came here, and that obviously worked out. I'm not disagreeing with you guys, in fact, I tend to agree with you. But obviously BB has been able to differentiate from character issues and simply being mired in mediocrity (or in Dillon's case even less than mediocrity). So I think if BB sees good in him, he could be a legit choice. And he is absolutely a freak of nature. He would cause so much havoc in our system.

Arrington may be damaged goods

Apart from his ability to fit into a Patriots system, Arrington has had bad legs for two years in a row. Who knows if he still retains the speed he once had or even the ability to stay on the field.

I say it would be too expensive to find out.

tatepatsfan said:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2355921

Assuming a new deal has been reached and the Pats have all this extra cap room, do you think we'd be interested? He is one heck of a player. He'd be expensive but if the cap is 105 million or whatever it is going to be if they do actually agree to 59,5 percent, we would have the room to add him. And BB loves his LBs, and hasn't necessarily shied away in FA (i.e. Colvin). What do you all think?

Might not be a bad fit for the Colts if they could afford him. Their defense generally just rushes the backfield without much "system" to it.

tatepatsfan said:
People made very similar claims to Dillon before he came here, and that obviously worked out. I'm not disagreeing with you guys, in fact, I tend to agree with you. But obviously BB has been able to differentiate from character issues and simply being mired in mediocrity (or in Dillon's case even less than mediocrity). So I think if BB sees good in him, he could be a legit choice. And he is absolutely a freak of nature. He would cause so much havoc in our system.

Hmm.. Good point but the only difference was Dillion was on a horrible team with no chance ever to win (and his backup was taking over his job). Arrington is a me first player and I believe others holes need to be filled before getting a LB.

mcsully said:
Hmm.. Good point but the only difference was Dillion was on a horrible team with no chance ever to win (and his backup was taking over his job). Arrington is a me first player and I believe others holes need to be filled before getting a LB.

I don't know why Arrington would qualify as a me-first player. Rarely has a player been screwed by his team the way he was. The Skins effectively agreed to pay him a certain amount, and when they realized that his agent was a moron and didn't specify to the verbal agreement in writing, Snyder took Arrington to the cleaners. All the bad press came from that incident.

upstater1 said:
I don't know why Arrington would qualify as a me-first player. Rarely has a player been screwed by his team the way he was. The Skins effectively agreed to pay him a certain amount, and when they realized that his agent was a moron and didn't specify to the verbal agreement in writing, Snyder took Arrington to the cleaners. All the bad press came from that incident.

He was a A-hole at Penn State as well. His personality issues were well noted during the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back