PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Archie Manning on Cold Pizza doing Damage Control!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtbykr

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Unreal, archie is on cold pizza at 11:15 doing damage control for the manning boys!

More than that...Papa Manning was on Mike & Mike as well spewing the same stuff. He's out to spin things, saying that apparently he was the only one to hear the entire press conference, and the media was just out to get his boy.

Typical

Typical crap like:

-PM can win the big game, becuase every game in the NFL is a big game!

-He didn't call out his O-line, that was the media doing that--he was blaming everything, mostly himself

-It's hard to win in the AFC, it's full of great teams...they did great this year!

-Ohh and he is wearing a mastercard shirt plugging PM's commercials---he may even appear in one

-ect....

So sad that daddy has to do damage control for you! What is also weird is how bad he is being spoonfed the crap from the host (forget her name--dana jacobson mabey)

mtbykr said:
-He didn't call out his O-line, that was the media doing that--he was blaming everything, mostly himself
There could be some legitimacy to that as half of Manning's wing flapping at the line should be to change the protections - if only Manning hadn't done his little "I'm trying to be a good teammate here" routine first. That was kind of a dead giveaway :)

well

BelichickFan said:
There could be some legitimacy to that as half of Manning's wing flapping at the line should be to change the protections - if only Manning hadn't done his little "I'm trying to be a good teammate here" routine first. That was kind of a dead giveaway :)

That may be true--but PM is on record before the game saying that the steelers will blitz and no amount of "wing flapping" will change what they are doing---so we will know where they are coming from we just need to stop them. I think after he started getting hit he panicked and started to change the gameplan to try to help and it just backfired.

Who knows, but regardless of what happened---he still called them out in the press and everyone (including archie) knows it!

it's just more classlessness by peyton:

1) to allow his daddy to try and 'help' him - coward

2)to not go out and speak himself - he's too egotistical to do it himself - what a loser, plus he probably knows everyone is gonna see right through this and know the truth.

what a fricken daddy's boy. I can't stand him.

SamBam39 said:
what a fricken daddy's boy. I can't stand him.

Let me second that, and for me, I can't stand the whole family.

Did daddy have excuses for Eli too? Or is Pey-me-a-ton the only one that needed damage control?

There was one play where his "happy feet" were so happy it looked like he was running in place! They where coming almost a foot off the ground.

MDPATSFAN said:
There was one play where his "happy feet" were so happy it looked like he was running in place! They where coming almost a foot off the ground.

How pathetic is it to have daddy trying to cover your *****

The Mannings are pathetic. Daddy your son is almost 30. Let him speak for himself. I wonder if Archie still lays Peyton's clothes out for him in the morning.

I'm curious as to what Ryan's take on the whole thing is.

How embarassing is this? It is not bad enough Peyton cannot win, but to have Daddy making excuses for you?? All of the money in the world can't buy back Peyton's dignity!

Jrib

There was a great quote from lisa salters who was gues hosting Jim Rome is Burning yesterday:

When did the Manning family become the royalty of the NFL? Because the last time I checked nobody from that family has ever won anything!

This was right after they talked about Brady and although he's gone this year, we respect him for what he has done---remember he already has 3 rings!

The whole Manning family is ****ed up. And it starts with the father.

According to the ESPN article, the old man attempted to damage control the Eli Manning - San Diego flap by BLAMING the fiasco on the Chargers organization! The fact is that Archie was the one who told the Chargers not to draft Eli. The whole Manning clan is a bunch of hypocrites.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2172298

QB's dad: Team said 'don't let your son come here'

Eli Manning spurned the San Diego Chargers when they drafted him first overall in 2004. But was he told to do so?
Manning's father, Archie, told ESPN's Suzy Kolber on Sunday that the reason he counseled his son not to go to San Diego was because people within the Chargers organization told him, "Don't let your son come here."

Chargers coach Marty Schottenheimer said he could not imagine Archie Manning being told that. "That's a stretch," he said.

Chargers president and CEO Dean Spanos echoed Schottenheimer's sentiments.

Eli Manning said at the time of the draft that he did not want to play in San Diego. He was traded on draft day to the New York Giants in exchange for the rights to quarterback Philip Rivers, the No. 4 pick overall, plus three draft picks that included a first-rounder this year.

the wing flapping

BelichickFan said:
i gotta theory about that wing flappin' we're seeing now.
i think they're doing what we used to do with touch football. "i got him, you take him"---"i'll take him if he ccomes this way---.
coverages are so imuch like kaleidsopes, there are so many variations on pass routes, blitzes can come from so many places, the keys are so complicated, players have been forced to just go with "i got him", "look out for him", "if #27 comes, i'll take him".
the hell with the keys, just the old ways of doing it.
what do you guys think?

ilduce06410 said:
i gotta theory about that wing flappin' we're seeing now.
i think they're doing what we used to do with touch football. "i got him, you take him"---"i'll take him if he ccomes this way---.
coverages are so imuch like kaleidsopes, there are so many variations on pass routes, blitzes can come from so many places, the keys are so complicated, players have been forced to just go with "i got him", "look out for him", "if #27 comes, i'll take him".
the hell with the keys, just the old ways of doing it.
what do you guys think?
Yea, but haven't most of us EVOLVED from this already?

PatsChick87 said:
Yea, but haven't most of us EVOLVED from this already?

They changed their last name from Fife. Archie's first name was Barney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News