PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone on this list you really like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolinatony

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I just checked a bunch of Mock drafts and these are who they had us taking in the 1st round. The most mentioned was LaMarr Woodley, DE/OLB, Michigan

WR Sidney Rice- South Carolina -2
WR Ted Ginn Jr., Ohio State*-2
WR - *Dwyane Jarrett - Southern California
Jason Hill, WR, Washington State
DE/LB Anthony Spencer- Purdue
SS/OLB Aaron Rouse, Virginia Tech
LaMarr Woodley, DE/OLB, Michigan - 5
Buster Davis, ILB, Florida State
Anthony Spencer LB Purdue
MICHAEL GRIFFIN S | Texas
H.B Blades, ILB, Pittsburgh
Brandon Merriweather Safety Miami (FL)
CB- CAL Daymeion Hughes - 2
Fred Bennett CB South Ca

I just checked a bunch of Mock drafts and these are who they had us taking in the 1st round. The most mentioned was LaMarr Woodley, DE/OLB, Michigan

Fred Bennett CB South Ca

I think we need to go defence.
Kinda, like rouse or griffin,although I've been told on this board that rouse,might not be a belichick type of guy(more projection than production).
Griffin,I expect to be gone before we draft.

spencer is up there twice...ive said before i like ted ginn...and really like woodley...
i think woodley is going to be a really good NFL player...

I think WR will be the best value and ione of these three Ted Ginn, Dwanye Jarrett or Robert Meachem, Dwayne Bowe should be available.

Quentin Moses, DE, Georgia may drop and could make a good OLB.

A player with a lot of buzz is Reggie Nelsom from Florida.

Also their are a bunch of CBs, there should be plenty on the board when we pick. So far there is no clear dominating CB like a DeAngelo Hall, all the huys seem to be grouped in a pack.
Marcus McCauley, Fresno St.
Davis, A.J. North Carolina State
Antoine Cason, Arizona, Jr.
Darrelle Revis, Pitt, Jr.
Leon Hall, Michigan
Daymeion Hughes, Cal

Fred Bennett CB South Ca

I like Blades as a 2nd rounder. Guy's undersized but he plays like Zack Thomas.

If Ginn fell to us it would be a minor miracle. He is probagbly going to run a legitimate 4.35 and with all the tape of all those huge plays available, it's hard to imagine him slipping past the top 20. There will be nitpicking about his lack of size and blocking, but I'm not convinced that either will be enough to pull him down much.

If Ginn fell to us it would be a minor miracle. He is probagbly going to run a legitimate 4.35 and with all the tape of all those huge plays available, it's hard to imagine him slipping past the top 20. There will be nitpicking about his lack of size and blocking, but I'm not convinced that either will be enough to pull him down much.

why do we need Ginn? Hes not as polished as other receivers and at the VERY LEAST..Chad can do what Ted does..have the 4.3 speed ..run screens and fades. he would make a kickass returner and the potential is there but idk if he can be consistent and run more than simple routes

Ted Ginn is not even the best WR on his team. I think Anthony Gonzales is going to be the better pro.

i think he runs better routes but we havent had a big time returner for a while.i mean maroney is good but hes our rb...up until this year i thought returner was a position you could kind of just throw whoever is best in...Hester has totally changed my mind on that... i would like to see us go 2 defense and one offense with the first 3 picks...
in no paticular order...

ILB to play alongside Tedy...pickup a vet or two for backup. Vrabel moves outside with TBC and Colvin which im comfortable with outside...
CB because samuel will be gone...im comfortable with hobbs/scott/rd 1 pick/ maybe a freeagent or another draft pick...
WR - give brady another weapon...yeah i get it chad jackson is god but who cares...it never hurts to have two future #1 guys developing (take a look at the colts,panthers,rams) and if next year is any indication of next year he will be injured the entire time so someone needs to fill in and take his place.

also i think we should pickup Woodley if hes available which would change things...

these picks are assuming that we resign dan g. which is VERY likely if samuel is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe