PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone know why Alterraun Verner is being benched? And what would you give up to trade for him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't want him in free agency
Don't want him now

"Overrated!" "Overpaid!", call him whatever you'd like, he's still an upgrade over what we have now IMO

Upgrading over Fletcher, a player who's been garbage for years, and Ryan, a player who's also been garbage for years, isn't a high bar to clear. That doesn't mean the player's worth getting.

Upgrading over Fletcher, a player who's been garbage for years, and Ryan, a player who's also been garbage for years, isn't a high bar to clear. That doesn't mean the player's worth getting.

Think of it this way: We're just one trade away from having one of the most complete, well-rounded teams in the NFL. There's lots of quality depth and talent here except at that one lone position, and with his agility, technique, and special-teams value, I think Verner would be a tremendous upgrade - and not just in relative terms.

But you're right. it really doesn't matter who they put there, so long as they're more reliable than Ryan and Fletcher

Think of it this way: We're just one trade away from having one of the most complete, well-rounded teams in the NFL. There's lots of quality depth and talent here except at that one lone position, and with his agility, technique, and special-teams value, I think Verner would be a tremendous upgrade - and not just in relative terms.

But you're right. it really doesn't matter who they put there, so long as they're more reliable than Ryan and Fletcher

I agree that the team needs an upgrade at CB. I don't necessarily agree that Verner's worth going after as that upgrade. Verner's a zone CB who hasn't been able to get it done in the Tampa two. That's one hell of a limited CB, for the money. Seems to me as if trading for him would be a last ditch sort of move.

My first five inquiries (no particular order) would be about

Mathis from Detroit
Smith from K.C.
Grimes from Miami
Haden from Cleveland
Breaux from New Orleans

And I wish they'd just found a way to get Darby, instead of watching him go to the Bills. That would have been a 2 bird/1 stone move.

Well i hope bill's working that phone now. Damn. We could have drafted a corner with that second round pick.

This is our chance to trade Dobson for Verner :cool:

Oh good. Another one.

Made this five weeks ago, well before Terrell Brown was IR'd

I was just hoping maybe all the threads about all the CBs that these other teams are going to give us for a 7th round pick would be in one thread.

I guess we need a thread for each possible CB who could be traded for, and then two more to discuss the idea of trading for a CB from a team who totally wants to give us one for a 7th round pick.

My mistake.

I was just hoping maybe all the threads about all the CBs that these other teams are going to give us for a 7th round pick would be in one thread.

I guess we need a thread for each possible CB who could be traded for, and then two more to discuss the idea of trading for a CB from a team who totally wants to give us one for a 7th round pick.

My mistake.

Look at it this way....after Nov. 4, you'll never have to hear about this topic again ;)

Look at it this way....after Nov. 4, you'll never have to hear about this topic again ;)

False.

Because after that, I get to read two weeks worth of "WE TOTALLY SHOULD HAVE TRADED FOR ______", because Belichick is clearly just lazy, and not making teams trade with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes