PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Another reason to hate ESPN. They rated Edelman's catch the second best in SB history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree with the Holmes catch. I think the throw was better than the catch. Given the same throw every time, Holmes catches that ball 9 or 10 times. Same thing for the Jones catch, but maybe 5 of 10. I think Julian's catch was #1 because he not only had to catch the bouncing ball, he had to do it while fighting 3 defenders. Kerse didn't have those issues

All the different things that had to happen in Julian's catch couldn't be duplicate again if you tried it a 1000 times. It was THAT unique, and thus #1

Seriously? We just won the SuperBowl and this is what you people want to talk about? Who gives a **** what the scumbags at ESPN says about anything?

Two things I will never understand: The obsession of some Pats fans with ESPN and with the Jets. They are both irrelevant.

I don't need another reason to hate ESPN, but thanks for the thought.

I don't click on ESPN, so I don't know what the stated criteria were.

But, if they were looking for the catch with the most "production value," i.e., a catch where you just look at it and "get it" that it was actually a catch and that it was remarkable, then, yeah, Tyree's catch is still tops; he sticks the damn ball to his helmet with Rodney all over him.

You have to look at Edelman's catch frame by frame until you say for sure, "wow, he actually caught that!" BTW, I don't think we give enough credit to the official (Back Judge ?) who first makes the call on #11's catch. Pretty good for getting it right in real time.

Hey, I'm just damn happy it happened...!! Not going to get worked up over the minutia...

I'll just say this...other fan bases hate us and the people that make this selection are also fans of those teams.

So are any of us around here really surprised by this...cause you shouldn't be.

I actually do think having three defenders fighting for the ball, as opposed to one is significantly harder.

I don't care is we were 50-0 to that point, we are grading a catch.

Tyree was pure luck with some effort. #11 was a little luck and a lot of effort, and skill, and want to. Jules wanted it more, and Tyree was trying his best and if he caught it he caught it.

#11 was making that catch...that is the difference, failure was not an option.

And just to add to that, this team will NEVER be validated by some fools so as fans of this teams...let it go man.

...and we got Brady for 3-ish more years of high quality play. Enjoy the hell out of this time man, we are on mile 22...

life-goes-on-lebowski.gif

1. Tyree
2. Edelman/Kearse
3+. All the ones that were just sideline toe dragging despite that taking tons of skill

honestly the Julio catch in the 4th was the best because it wasn't a bounce, just a player showing his incredible athleticsm and skill. The degree of difficulty on that was amazing. There are not many players who can do what he did there. Just imagine TB had a WR like that, one with great skill, work ethic and no ego. He fits the Pats mold.

BTW, i like Edelman's catch more than Tyree, but i am extremely biased

Tyree's catch should be #1

Agree. Especially because of the timing and context. If it were in the first quarter of a week 3 game against the Browns it just makes for funny television. In the final moments of the super bowl against an almost 19-0 history-making team it's a miracle.

Don't get worked up over ESPN. Just ignore them...

I disagree with the Holmes catch. I think the throw was better than the catch. Given the same throw every time, Holmes catches that ball 9 or 10 times. Same thing for the Jones catch, but maybe 5 of 10. I think Julian's catch was #1 because he not only had to catch the bouncing ball, he had to do it while fighting 3 defenders. Kerse didn't have those issues

All the different things that had to happen in Julian's catch couldn't be duplicate again if you tried it a 1000 times. It was THAT unique, and thus #1
I think about it this way. If you saw that catch in a movie, you'd think the writers were being way too dramatic and that stuff pretty much doesn't happen. Even scripting and running it through via live-action would be hard to produce in a movie setting. It was that talented and unlikely (70% luck or so I hear). Though after that catch, I was feeling...this game is ours and we'll win (call me a homer).

Tyree's catch was the one that put down the 2007 Juggernaut Patriots. That's about as impactful as it gets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back