PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Another reason to hate ESPN. They rated Edelman's catch the second best in SB history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cupofjoe1962

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Today ESPN listed the 10 best catches in Super Bowl history.

There were 9 better than the Tyree's catch that they rated #1.

Tyree's catch did not show a lot of skill, it was just a awkward catch at an important time.

I have seen high school kids make a better catch & also they worked to keep there feet inbounds.

Tyree just held onto a pass that hit him in the hands & he held it against his helmet.

Edelman had to fight 3 guys to catch the batted ball & then double catch it to keep it off the ground.

Edelmans catch was far better than Tyrees.

ESPN picked Tyrees because it cost the Patriots the perfect season.

Today ESPN listed the 10 best catches in Super Bowl history.

There were 9 better than the Tyree's catch that they rated #1.

Tyree's catch did not show a lot of skill, it was just a awkward catch at an important time.

I have seen high school kids make a better catch & also they worked to keep there feet inbounds.

Tyree just held onto a pass that hit him in the hands & he held it against his helmet.

Edelman had to fight 3 guys to catch the batted ball & then double catch it to keep it off the ground.

Edelmans catch was far better than Tyrees.

ESPN picked Tyrees because it cost the Patriots the perfect season.
Edleman's catch was easier than Tyree's

Ugh....

Taking off the Red, Blue and Silver goggles....

1. Tyree - That was sick. Just sick.
2. JE11. That was Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon stuff.
3. Swann bobble catch.
4. Julio
5. Kearse

I think they ranked it appropriately

Don't forget, Tybee held an oblong ball against a rounded helmet with Rodney on his back and did not let the ground move it.

It amuses me how upset some people get when some media outlet (or individual) says that somewhere out there someone once did something better than a Patriot did.

Wasn't tyree's catch on 4th down? And it was a backyard scramble. I think that catch had more drama. It was a David vs Goliath moment.

NFL.com just put up a list they had Tyree 3 Jules 2 and Santonio catch 1.

The Edelman catch should be named the "Flying Squirrel" - is that not what he was?

The greatest catch in SB history was santonio holmes' td in SB 43.

I'm a little surprised ESPN went against their usual trend of "The last thing I saw is the best."

Julio Jones catch was more skill than luck. The Kearse, Edelman, Tyree catch was more luck than anything. Tyree will always be # 1 as it propelled the heavily underdog Giants over an undefeated team. Edelman's catch, while impressive, didn't lead to the winning score. Butler's pick puts Kearse's catch down a few notches.

Tyree's catch will never happen in the next ten years. Maybe twenty. That was unbelievable in the " How did that happen" sense.

You are getting worked up over nothing. Tyree was an unbelievable miracle catch just like Edelman's. They were both spectacular and objectively a toss up IMO as to which was better.

Agreed.

On the extremely lengthy list of reasons to hate ESPN, ranking Tyree's catch as #1 doesn't even make the list (and that list even includes small items such as tricking me into seeing Clayton's face while hearing his blathering:)).

Wasn't tyree's catch on 4th down? And it was a backyard scramble. I think that catch had more drama. It was a David vs Goliath moment.
tyree's catch was on 3rd and 5. edelman's catch was on 1st and 10.

Pats probably still drive the field without E's catch, as epic as it was.....that just made it easier

Giants lose without Tyree

As much as I hate to admit it Tyrees is still #1 and probably always will be. Its an iconic NFL moment. Just the way the catch looked was incredible. It took incredible will and of course some luck for him to hold on to that thing with Rodney on his back. Edelmans is right up there with it but it its a little more sloppy of a play and just as lucky cause of the extra bounces it took to get to him. Still an incredible play for him to come back to the ball the way he did and then hold on to it though. And of course Tyrees catch will always have the fact that it stopped the perfect season. Ok I'm done now. I'm going to go throw up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back