PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Al Wilson cleared to play?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

theONLYJerseypatsfan

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
From rotoworld.com:

Former Broncos LB Al Wilson has been medically cleared to resume playing football.
Wilson, who turns 31 in June, was out of the game in 2007 after suffering a neck injury late in 2006. He's a free agent and can be signed before March.

I think he would make a great "mercenary" LB pickup for the playoffs!

At halftime? Which game?!? :bricks:

From rotoworld.com:

Former Broncos LB Al Wilson has been medically cleared to resume playing football.
Wilson, who turns 31 in June, was out of the game in 2007 after suffering a neck injury late in 2006. He's a free agent and can be signed before March.

I think he would make a great "mercenary" LB pickup for the playoffs!

I've always thought Wilson was a good LB.
We could use his help, I think.
BB might think different however.

As far as acquiring him for the playoffs, I don't think it would work out given the time it is said to learn BBs defense.

To "death" and "taxes" I'd say it's now safe to add "Belichick's starting LB corp will have an average age of 31+". :)

I'd expect them to at least work him out. I mean, if Chad Brown was on 2007 game day rosters ...

he was one of my favorite players ever

that hit vs the raiders in the snow game, where he met the rb over the top... might be my fav play ever

I said before the season that Al wilson was the single biggest loss for any of the contending teams over the off-season. Denver fell apart down the stretch last year without him and sucked this year.

I would take a healthy Al Wilson on this team in a heartbeat.

I always sign him on Madden. But Madden really has no bearing whatsoever on reality so that has nothing to do with, well, anything really.

Last edited:
How did that dumping go down? Any bad feelings? I know it kind of came a bit out of nowhere. At least in the media.

Not at all. Wilson was perfectly fine with it. Shanahan is upfront and forward with players. That's why he's respected in Denver. Shanahan was primarily concerned with Wilson's long-term well-being and had his best interests in mind.

Last edited:
Not at all. Wilson was perfectly fine with it. Shanahan is upfront and forward with players. That's why he's respected in Denver. Shanahan was primarily concerned with Wilson's long-term well-being and had his best interests in mind.

Should ask Javon Walker about that.

Cleared by his own doctor, the doctor for a team thinking of paying him lots of money might think differently.

I don't know Rocky Mountain, it seems as if you guys kinda screwed him over...

I think he'd love to be on the Pats and win a ring this season...it'd be quite a comeback from being shunned in Denver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe