PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

After Playing Respect Card for 1 Wk, Dallas Morn News goes NY Post on "Cheats"

Status
Not open for further replies.
1444458153-screenshot-scontent.cdninstagram.com-2015-10-10-01-25-58.png

Yea it's actually kind of weird. Maybe I'm naive, but I expect those kinds of endless "cheaters" and *s to come from division rivals, Colts, Broncos, Ravens, Steelers fans, etc but...random NFC team #7 and random NFC team #13? Why do those people give a ****? If for example, the Vikings were perennial winners since 2000 with 4 Super Bowl victories and the same baggage of Spygate and Deflategate, I would really not give a ****. Cool, they might've beaten my team 3 or 4 times over the course of 15 years. Who gives a ****? Ehh, guess everyone likes being a part of the majority.

I cannot figure out the hatred that people have for Brady. I have friends and colleagues that are well educated, intelligent, level headed people and when it comes to Brady their brains turn to mush and the venom comes out. I don't get it. I've explained to people that while I actively root against the Yankees, I have always respected Jeter and thought highly of him. I ask why they hate Brady and the answers are so dumb. And this was true before deflategate. I guess it's envy, but that still doesn't add up to me.

I had the great misfortune of having to live in Dallas for a couple months a few years back.

The endless, flat brown terrain. Miles of strip malls, fast food places, enormous churches of some denomination or another up against these warehouse-sized condom outlets. Trying to figure out what to do after you've seen where the president got his head blown off. And today, their team--which they talk about ALL THE TIME--gets slaughtered by the Pats on national TV.

Point is, give them their little jokes. It's truly all they have.

I cannot figure out the hatred that people have for Brady. I have friends and colleagues that are well educated, intelligent, level headed people and when it comes to Brady their brains turn to mush and the venom comes out. I don't get it. I've explained to people that while I actively root against the Yankees, I have always respected Jeter and thought highly of him. I ask why they hate Brady and the answers are so dumb. And this was true before deflategate. I guess it's envy, but that still doesn't add up to me.
Yea, but "Brady is whiny and refs won't let you hit him!" Then you show them that by the numbers he's towards the bottom of the league with RTP calls. But don't let facts get in the way of a good player hate bandwagon.

Yea, but "Brady is whiny and refs won't let you hit him!" Then you show them that by the numbers he's towards the bottom of the league with RTP calls. But don't let facts get in the way of a good player hate bandwagon.

That's a common answer, but as you said, it's not true. Sure he complains to the refs, but no more than any veteran QB.

What is it with the dallas media/players having to use Tommy's family (wife/son) for trash talk? Really? They are as classless down there as their joke of an owner.
They're Texans...case closed.

It's a gr8 example of Joseph Goebbels' "Great Lie" strategy manifested in modern times.

The majority of observers seem to have bought the manta with zero evidence against Brady and the Pats.

I know a guy who says he doesn't like Brady because he looks too pretty. Wtf. Nice guy too. But it goes both ways. Some people here have an irrational hate for many players of the opposite team. People just find silly excuses to confirm their own prejudices. It's called confirmation bias.

Yea it's actually kind of weird. Maybe I'm naive, but I expect those kinds of endless "cheaters" and *s to come from division rivals, Colts, Broncos, Ravens, Steelers fans, etc but...random NFC team #7 and random NFC team #13? Why do those people give a ****? If for example, the Vikings were perennial winners since 2000 with 4 Super Bowl victories and the same baggage of Spygate and Deflategate, I would really not give a ****. Cool, they might've beaten my team 3 or 4 times over the course of 15 years. Who gives a ****? Ehh, guess everyone likes being a part of the majority.
It's because they know we're gonna kick their butts

I lol pretty hard. I have to give props to competent trolling.

Using your Jeter example....I am as guilty of selective/ contrived indignation toward the "enemy." I am a Yankee hater and would rather see the Yankees lose than the Red Saux win...yes I am effed up. And since Jeter has become the talisman of thi generation's Yankee fandom, it has been my mission to destroy the Jeter good name during each and every enemy confrontation. My public Jeter denouncements are simple, truthful (in my mind), and create instant push back...often hostile = mission accomplished.
Jeter: Overrated slap hitting singles machine that has NEVER dove for a grounder in his career.
Of course Jeter deserves better from me.....but fan vs fan....you go with what works best. And fans from other NFL teams know how to dig the knife in where we are most vulnerable. For us Brady fanatics......"dink and dunk, only wins because of ...defense / Belichick / cheating".
Fans being fans / guys being guys / whose got the biggest.......
You go with what works...

I hope we kick the crap out of them.. already salivating.

The accusers want you looking everywhere, except in their direction. And this whole charade came about because somebody's team did not win. And if they're not saying this, they're saying that. What they've done to the game is set up for any time anybody wins anything, those who did not win will smear and put their energies into detracting from the said winner's effort(s). Now, factor in the bad sentiments that have been formed. Perhaps, this will create a backlash that will have all winners contested under the most imaginative circumstances? Methinks that this is the new environment, compliments of the people from Indy and Baltimore...and those who like their style. :eek:
I bathe in haters' tears.

3AOA8al.png

Personally, I never latched on to the (now) common vernacular of hate. Today, any/all who disagree are painted as being hateful. This is insane. In addition, it is unbalanced and egotistical to the hilt. In a nutshell it says: If someone does not agree with me- regardless if I'm right or wrong -then they are hateful. Of course, this is incomplete and incorrect. However, they will push this trendy bit as far as they can milk it. FYI: wisdom points at trends as being for idiots- no kidding. o_O

What they are really doing is leaving it all in an abstraction, which is essentially a never-ending thought. One way to deal with this is to call people out on this unfinished mess and remind them that until/unless they can bear down into concrete thoughts, then they do not actually know. ;)

Here's an example:

The biggest fool in the world declares than any/everybody that does not agree with their idiocy to be a hater. Now, they keep repeating this nonsense, until other fools join in...becomes trendy. What we really have is some idiot's insanity be propagated for the benefit of other fools. Ultimately, it's a giant idiot-fest! Curiously, they celebrate their idiocy in concert. How unbecoming. :oops:

The accusers want you looking everywhere, except in their direction. And this whole charade came about because somebody's team did not win. And if they're not saying this, they're saying that. What they've done to the game is set up for any time anybody wins anything, those who did not win will smear and put their energies into detracting from the said winner's effort(s). Now, factor in the bad sentiments that have been formed. Perhaps, this will create a backlash that will have all winners contested under the most imaginative circumstances? Methinks that this is the new environment, compliments of the people from Indy and Baltimore...and those who like their style. :eek:

Personally, I never latched on to the (now) common vernacular of hate. Today, any/all who disagree are painted as being hateful. This is insane. In addition, it is unbalanced and egotistical to the hilt. In a nutshell it says: If someone does not agree with me- regardless if I'm right or wrong -then they are hateful. Of course, this is incomplete and incorrect. However, they will push this trendy bit as far as they can milk it. FYI: wisdom points at trends as being for idiots- no kidding. o_O

What they are really doing is leaving it all in an abstraction, which is essentially a never-ending thought. One way to deal with this is to call people out on this unfinished mess and remind them that until/unless they can bear down into concrete thoughts, then they do not actually know. ;)

Here's an example:

The biggest fool in the world declares than any/everybody that does not agree with their idiocy to be a hater. Now, they keep repeating this nonsense, until other fools join in...becomes trendy. What we really have is some idiot's insanity be propagated for the benefit of other fools. Ultimately, it's a giant idiot-fest! Curiously, they celebrate their idiocy in concert. How unbecoming. :oops:

Interesting...

I tend to appreciate changes in language and find fascinating the speed with which common sayings, phrases, or new uses of words come and go. To each their own.

As far as identifying haters; it's easy. Take someone who has an irrational dislike of someone or something and cultivates that dislike with the scantest bits of information, without any real application of logic, and you have a "hater". The word "hater" is a much more efficient way to describe the phenomenon. It's likely this word will remain a part of our vernacular for some time.

Dumb, not sure why you posted them. Idiots don't deserve to get more attention.

How do you like us now, Big D? Your salty tears are delicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back