PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AFC Special Teams Player of the Week... Jake Bailey!

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldrover

"You're gonna have to serve somebody..."
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Jake Bailey named AFC special teams player of the week

The rook had a helluva game... congrats to Jake! Or as Frank might have said...

giphy.gif

...ain't that a kick in the head! :)

A great punter, plus a great gunner, plus a great defense, equals murder on opposing offenses. Just the dejection of either giving up points, or having to start a drive from inside your own 15 every time is worth something that stats can't quantify. This is a good start.

Brady carried by a punter. Peyton didn’t need to be bailed out by his punter :eek:

I thought Ghost or Gunner was going to get it

I'm waiting for Ghost winning a game with his foot and Gunner breaking a long one for a TD......

Jake Bailey--the guy I never use on Madden.:D

Allen had a great Super Bowl but this new punter has a powerful leg. When you are backed deep you need a punter like Bailey, there were a couple games last year Allen couldn’t kick a touchback and teams had great returns because of it.

How was the hold on the missed XP? The tv didn't show a close-up shot of it, so hard to tell if the laces were out, etc.

I don't think you'll see Jake holding the ball with the laces in....I'm sure he got schooled on that after the first time.......If they aren't practicing holds and kicks together enough
it's the coaches error....

A great punter, plus a great gunner, plus a great defense, equals murder on opposing offenses. Just the dejection of either giving up points, or having to start a drive from inside your own 15 every time is worth something that stats can't quantify. This is a good start.

Punter's a great gunner, but Gunner's not a great returner.... win a few, lose a few

Bailey has been impressive, distance + great hang time very good replacement..

As far as I can tell Allen is still looking for a job..

Great pickup. Punter is an extremely underrated position. If you can pin a team inside the 10 vs the 30 is a huge difference in field position. It changes your defense, changes the offense. Mentally it puts a strain on the other team too knowing they have to go virtually the entire field for a score.

He is simply G R E A T

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference