PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AD talks, says he called in advance that he would be late, watched film at home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: AD:"They really don't give a damn"

The only person that agrees with you is a nitwit Jets fan.

Take a hint.

you know.....they're right about what they say about this board outside of this place.....

tunnel vision

Last edited:
Adalius watched film when he returned home. Two Mickey Mouse

movies and two Donald Duck movies.

AD is gone next season.

Pats = new Raider. I hope not. The circuit begins.

good thing there's no cap next year. AD still has 8M in guarantees on the books and a 4.9M salary. it would a 3.1M hit

Re: AD: "They really don't give a damn"

hehe....I don't hate him.....he's just no more impervious to blame than the next guy.....he is not ALWAYS right

He's NOT, but he's right more often than any other coach around and maybe any other to ever coach the game. If you think it's valid to complain that the BEST you have seen is not PERFECT, then I hope you complain frequently to/about yourself.

It's also pretty difficult for us to narrow in on just what BB has done wrong because we have such minimal knowledge and evidence. A lot of what may seem like the WRONG decision/move on the surface, may actually have been the exact right or best move at the time.

We can generalize it to the point that BB definitely has made some mistakes and hopefully he is working on correcting those if not for a push this year, then hopefully next year.

Honestly, this guy is turning into a locker room poison. His production on the field is not worthy of the prima donna he has turned into.

In spite of the sheer amount of $$ owed to him, I'd truly consider cutting him right now at this very moment. We need something drastic to shake up the locker room, it would be a ballsy move, but it might be the addition by subtraction move we need.

The other 49 players + 8 practice squad + all the coaches managed to show up on time in spite of the snow, and he didn't. He has to accept responsibility for that.

Cutting him would be problematic, especially when they can dump him next year and eat the costs in an uncapped year, but if they sent him home for the year, and just told him not to show up anymore, I wouldn't be totally against that.

He's NOT, but he's right more often than any other coach around and maybe any other to ever coach the game. If you think it's valid to complain that the BEST you have seen is not PERFECT, then I hope you complain frequently to/about yourself.

It's also pretty difficult for us to narrow in on just what BB has done wrong because we have such minimal knowledge and evidence. A lot of what may seem like the WRONG decision/move on the surface, may actually have been the exact right or best move at the time.

We can generalize it to the point that BB definitely has made some mistakes and hopefully he is working on correcting those if not for a push this year, then hopefully next year.

its been awhile since he's been the best. OLB has been going downhill since the last time they won the SB. even in 2007 where much of what the unit did was predicted on even team playing the pats when down 20 or more.

its almost as though that if he can't get the exact guy that he wants he's going to ignore the position altogether which is what he has done with OLB. can't tell me there weren't solid prospect available every step of the way last year in the draft.

the only real problem I have with BB is that I believe his ego has gotten the best of him. I could care less about AD, but I do think part of this is superficial in that how BB wants to make it look after this year when he lets AD loose and giving him an 8M check on the way out the door. Jarvis Green has played every bit as poorly as AD has if not even worse. the difference is that greens contract is up and theres no money on the table. with BB, when there is money still on the table, it always gets dirty.......milloy, law, seymour, branch. this one is a little different though because it gives BB someone to blame for the teams problems (as though thinking woods,TBC,ninko,burgess would be the rest of the solution isn't a problem in itself)

Re: AD talks, says he called in advance that he would be late

I believe it was from an on-air interview with Breer that the cornerbacks are big b!tchers/complainers. I'd like to get a better sense of who, specifically, these malcontents are aside from Adalius.
This right here.

I hope to gAWD that Butler and Chung aren't thinking this kind of stuff is what passes in the locker room of a successful team. As well as Bodden and Meriweather have played (at times) this season, it might be in the long-term interests of the team to send them packing to the Texans and Seahawks of the world.

its been awhile since he's been the best.

Really? So name 3 that coaches you rather over BB right now. For this season and the long run. Also you do realize BB is far more than a coach right?

Also you do realize BB is far more than a coach right?

He's a robot sent back in time from the future? :eek:

I didn't realize that.

AD's completely off the reservation and sounds like he doesn't really give a crap.

Too bad, I think he's still got some left in the gas tank and is our best pass rusher. Why Bill refused to have him rush the QB and instead used Burgess is a great mystery. We basically signed this guy to the largest Patriot FA contract to cover TEs and RBs.

So now that he's openly questioning Bill, does Bill really have a choice but to banish him for the rest of the year? If Bill doesn't, then my respect for Bill will be a notch lower.

Really? So name 3 that coaches you rather over BB right now. For this season and the long run. Also you do realize BB is far more than a coach right?

that's not the point......all things considered, I still think he's a great coach.

it doesn't matter what he does besides coaching. it means squat in light of the overall result.

I'm just not going to blindly sit here with a 'In BB we trust' glazed look in my eyes after seeing what kind of OLB's he fielded this year. AD is only one body in the unit. fact is the rest of them stink so much its no wonder he could pick someone off hte street like TBC and have him wind up being the best one. there's something wrong with that. simple as that.

I think the seymour trade was great for the long run and would still do it. but he was caught with his pants down on the right side of the defense without so much as a decent rookie to put out there as an alternative. I just found it amazing that even though he has a starting LT and RT that he would use a 2nd round pick on an OT (it was still a great pick in vollmer) and a 2nd round pick on brace even though we have wilfork and not bat an eyelash at the OLB situation with the bodies that were available when he drafted. it was so obvious and he ignored it. and OLB is the one thing that is biting this team right now. he couldn't say he could count on AD going into the season and still ignored it. he did nothing to replace vrabel....well he did knee-jerk last ditch and overpaid for a bust

I just think it was such a glaring mistake and now (to me anyway) he is looking to offload some of the blame to AD....kind of obvious

Last edited:

that's not the point......all things considered, I still think he's a great coach.

it doesn't matter what he does besides coaching. it means squat in light of the overall result.

You said he hasn't been the best for a while, so yea that is now my point. Who would you rather? Back up that statement please. If he's not the best then others are better than him, now who is better than him?

BTW: besides coaching there are many things that contribute to the football team. Not all coaches have as much control over the roster as BB.

But anyway, I refuse to read further if you don't back up your statement. We can get to the criticisms after but if you state he is not the best then who is?

AD's completely off the reservation and sounds like he doesn't really give a crap.

Too bad, I think he's still got some left in the gas tank and is our best pass rusher. Why Bill refused to have him rush the QB and instead used Burgess is a great mystery. We basically signed this guy to the largest Patriot FA contract to cover TEs and RBs.

So now that he's openly questioning Bill, does Bill really have a choice but to banish him for the rest of the year? If Bill doesn't, then my respect for Bill will be a notch lower.

I think the reason he hasn't been used as much as a pass rusher is because when the Patriots brought him in BB praised how great he is in coverage and how he could line up across from anyone on the field (WR, TE, RB) and cover them with ease.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I could've sworn Belichick said something like that after AD was signed. I remember reading some articles that said he even lined up at CB against teams that have physical WR's like Hines Ward. So maybe we were all blinded by the way he played for Baltimore and his double digit sack totals, when really all along BB brought him in because he thought he was a great coverage LB for his two gap 3-4 system.

I agree with you though, I can't see the logic in not using him as a pass rusher more often than not. The guy was a freak athlete when he came here. 6-2 270, that's absolutely jacked. For comparison, Julius Peppers is 6-7 and weighs 283. That's 5 inches taller and only 13 pounds heavier! Usually your prototypical OLB is like 6'4 265.

Last edited:

You said he hasn't been the best for a while, so yea that is now my point. Who would you rather? Back up that statement please. If he's not the best then others are better than him, now who is better than him?

BTW: besides coaching there are many things that contribute to the football team. Not all coaches have as much control over the roster as BB.

But anyway, I refuse to read further if you don't back up your statement. We can get to the criticisms after but if you state he is not the best then who is?

yes.....the overall result would simply state he has not been the best for awhile.

again.....the bottom line is the only result. who cares if BB does other things. if it affects overall performance, maybe he should delegate more.

I'm not criticizing really......like I said either in this thread or another one that my only problem is that at this point, it seems like his ego has gotten the best of him. whether its going for it against the colts or going for it against the dolphins, or going for it on 4th and 13 against the giants. if the same thing screws you enough times, you stop doing it unless your ego doesn't let you. he has been more than great for this organization, but it seems he's going through some sort of mid-life crisis. to me it would be OK for him to get weis and RAC back and say 'things were better when you guys were here'

I think it is impressive what the team has even though he has relative nobodies around him. but that doesn't change the fact that has this mantra that 'if we are going to win, we are going to do it my way, and if we don't so it my way, I don't care if we win' he come across as that arrogant at times

yes.....the overall result would simply state he has not been the best for awhile.

again.....the bottom line is the only result. who cares if BB does other things. if it affects overall performance, maybe he should delegate more.

So the best coach in any given year is always the SB winning coach? If not then who has been better than BB? Stop avoiding it. Retract or qualify your statement.

I'm not criticizing really......like I said either in this thread or another one that my only problem is that at this point, it seems like his ego has gotten the best of him. whether its going for it against the colts or going for it against the dolphins, or going for it on 4th and 13 against the giants. if the same thing screws you enough times, you stop doing it unless your ego doesn't let you. he has been more than great for this organization, but it seems he's going through some sort of mid-life crisis. to me it would be OK for him to get weis and RAC back and say 'things were better when you guys were here'

I think it is impressive what the team has even though he has relative nobodies around him. but that doesn't change the fact that has this mantra that 'if we are going to win, we are going to do it my way, and if we don't so it my way, I don't care if we win' he come across as that arrogant at times

Uhh this ego thing is a media fabricated lie. From actual stories we know that BB always involves his staff in mostly all decisions. We also know that almost everyone from players to coaches have a say in the gameplans and strategies. But no you keep pretending he's some ego driven mad man making all the decisions by himself in a locked office.

BTW the 4th and 2 against the Colts was 100% the right call, no doubt about it. The 4th against the Dolphins I disagree with though, wish they would have taken the 3. Then again, if the execution was there...

I think the reason he hasn't been used as much as a pass rusher is because when the Patriots brought him in BB praised how great he is in coverage and how he could line up across from anyone on the field (WR, TE, RB) and cover them with ease.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I could've sworn Belichick said something like that after AD was signed. I remember reading some articles that said he even lined up at CB against teams that have physical WR's like Hines Ward. So maybe we were all blinded by the way he played for Baltimore and his double digit sack totals, when really all along BB brought him in because he thought he was a great coverage LB for his two gap 3-4 system.

I agree with you though, I can't see the logic in not using him as a pass rusher more often than not. The guy was a freak athlete when he came here. 6-2 270, that's absolutely jacked. For comparison, Julius Peppers is 6-7 and weighs 283. That's 5 inches taller and only 13 pounds heavier! Usually your prototypical OLB is like 6'4 265.

Yeah, there were a lot of articles about AD's versatility when he came here.

He has the size and speed and was also (presumably) very smart. He seemed like the perfect guy for BB's system.

He was very good in pass coverage but he was also very good rushing the passer (see the Super Bowl game where he lined up as a rushing OLB the whole game). I think that because he was our best coverage LB, Bill decided it was best for the team for him to cover instead of rush. I also think this is AD's main beef with Bill. He probably thinks it is better for the team if he is used as a pass rusher (which I agree with).

Yeah, there were a lot of articles about AD's versatility when he came here.

He has the size and speed and was also (presumably) very smart. He seemed like the perfect guy for BB's system.

He was very good in pass coverage but he was also very good rushing the passer (see the Super Bowl game where he lined up as a rushing OLB the whole game). I think that because he was our best coverage LB, Bill decided it was best for the team for him to cover instead of rush. I also think this is AD's main beef with Bill. He probably thinks it is better for the team if he is used as a pass rusher (which I agree with).

I would have to agree with almost everything you said. He was a great pass rusher, especially on Baltimore, and I think it would be better if he was used as one more often than not. I could see why AD would be frustrated, but he shouldn't be pouting like a baby.

That is what is wrong with the defense , too many indians , not any chiefs...

And Thomas is the 2nd highest paid player besides Brady.

Hes been a huge no show ever since becoming a Patriot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe