PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A WR prospect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts?
I like him as a player but his comments increase the chance, IMO, that he'll be a little hard to control later.

The exploitation is silly. There's the free education. There's the supporting of college sports that lose money. There's the opportunity for an education for kids who otherwise would have none - different from the money, we all know that a lot of college athletes wouldn't get into college even if they had the money due to poor grades. The scholarship (or athleicship as it should be called) opens up the world of education to those who otherwise wouldn't see it - some would call it priceless.

Any college athlete who doesn't like it can get a real job and enter the draft 3 years after high school if they don't want to be exploited.

I understand this might just be a thoughtful person expressing himself but it could also be a person who's going to cause trouble when he doesn't like the way something is done.

Gonzalez is better than Ginn..hes fast himself..4.4 and hes got better hands and more reliable

I understand this might just be a thoughtful person expressing himself but it could also be a person who's going to cause trouble when he doesn't like the way something is done.

Good post. I'm also curious if he passes the 'team player' test. Until we know more he's still one WR to consider.

I didn't think an Ohio State player could even spell "exploited".. very strange.

For someone who initiated the WR thread -- this is the best you can do? Come on now -- dig down deep...:blahblah:

Gonzalez is better than Ginn..hes fast himself..4.4 and hes got better hands and more reliable

Yep.

usually when the WR opposite of you draws more double coverage from defesnse, more so than you can, of course you're going to have better hands and be more reliable, you wont have 2 guys trying to swat down the ball that is thrown at you, and you'll be running faster than the WR opposite of you, if you're running cross/flat/slant routes, as opposed to deep routes

Last edited:
Computer went crazy.. computer went crazy...

Last edited:
Sorry, I know it is lame but thats all I gots...

Move Meachem from the maybe pile and throw him into the WR mix, he declared today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstjohn17
I didn't think an Ohio State player could even spell "exploited".. very strange.

For someone who initiated the WR thread -- this is the best you can do? Come on now -- dig down deep...

Move Meachem from the maybe pile and throw him into the WR mix, he declared today.
Meachem should be a mid #1 to early #2. This WR draft is strong - if Rice comes out . . . even stronger.

I'd love to draft another WR, whether it a late #1 or #3, whatever, we do need more talent there and they don't all develop as slowly as Jackson :)

usually when the WR opposite of you draws more double coverage from defesnse, more so than you can, of course you're going to have better hands and be more reliable, you wont have 2 guys trying to swat down the ball that is thrown at you, and you'll be running faster than the WR opposite of you, if you're running cross/flat/slant routes, as opposed to deep routes

im saying as a prospect..i can care less if they put 11 guys on Ginn

Gonzalez - better hands/route runner
Ginn - better speed/quickness/upside

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call